brand new

Options
:happy: hello everyone im new to this site, which i heard of from an acquaintance at the gym. ive never registered for anything like this before, & im very excited abt my progress, i have lost 30 lbs since feb 2 2009 & i feel fantastic. now the real wk begins, so im open for suggesstions.
my goal is to lose 48 more !!! please feel free to pass along your wisdom, thanxs

Replies

• jersigrl
    jersigrl Posts: 4
    Options
    :happy: hello everyone im new to this site, which i heard of from an acquaintance at the gym. ive never registered for anything like this before, & im very excited abt my progress, i have lost 30 lbs since feb 2 2009 & i feel fantastic. now the real wk begins, so im open for suggesstions.
    my goal is to lose 48 more !!! please feel free to pass along your wisdom, thanxs
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards & good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • themills2002
    Options
    Thanks!
  • themills2002
    Options
    You are about in the same boat that I am in. The first 20 came of pretty easy. Now it's hard.:cry:
  • plm209
    plm209 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Wow, 30 lbs in 3 months seems a little quick but good start! If you eat your calories and follow the plan from MFP, you'll see a slower loss but its something that you'll be able to keep off. Remember, it isn't a diet, its a lifestyle change. You can NEVER go back to the way you used to eat because that's how you got "fat". Good luck!
  • jersigrl
    jersigrl Posts: 4
    Options
    thank you
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,999 Member
    Options
    congrats on the weight you've lost so far.:flowerforyou:

get to know all the features of MFP --there is a lot of help here

Look at the topics on"Motivation and Support" and find a group to connect to. It really helped me to be part of a group and connect with them regularly and get support , encouragement and good ideas.

work hard and you'll be successful reaching your goal:bigsmile:
  • JosieWales
    Options
    Lets see just how well I can do and making me the best possible me I can. Congrats to all that have lost weight and good luck to reaching your goal. I hope that I can be one of the yous that reaches that place. I will try my best.
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Remember to drink lots & lots & lots of water!!!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

It makes me feel like it's just flushing all that nasty fat right out of me! (Now, I know that fat doesn't get "washed out"--the cells shrink--but it's kind of a neat visual for me :smile: ).
  • persistentyetflexible
    Options
    Hello, everyone..I am new to the website..I came across it googling (?) for a helpful tool for calorie counting. This site seems to have exactly what I am looking for and it provides so many tools, for counting and telling me the all nutritional facts with out me have to keep all the wrappers of items to log. AWESOME! I have a long way to go to reach my goal and I have been doing it for 4 yrs already...everyone has told me...doing it the RIGHT way will be better than the lose weight fast technique. So HELLO everyone...
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :smile: You'll love it here. :flowerforyou:
  • persistentyetflexible
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome..:flowerforyou:
  • SarahJ16
    SarahJ16 Posts: 1
    Options
    hey everyone. Just joined and feeling that this just might work! lol I have 30 pds to lose, and have been off and on dieting forever! Time to just stick with it and make it happen!