PASS or FAIL?

Options
I started back at the gym yesterday and it felt good. I did 60 mins on the elliptical? How did I do? I want to tone these thighs, arms and belly! I lifted weights and did this machine that damn newar killed my thighs but I loved it!!

What other machines/exercises woulf you recommend?

Add me as your friend as you comment too!!! :flowerforyou:

Roe!

Replies

• demonid
    demonid Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Try some yoga and zumba classes!
  • AdamMeyer12
    Options
    If you have an iphone or ipod touch theres a really good app you can download called "Nike Training" it takes you through tons of exercises and workouts you can do
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Love the elliptical! It's great to work out on it for an hour at your first time.

Make sure you learn how to use the weights, and check out the book "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" Lifting weights is important :D
  • Monroe121
    Monroe121 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    If you have an iphone or ipod touch theres a really good app you can download called "Nike Training" it takes you through tons of exercises and workouts you can do

Mines is called Nike Boom
  • Monroe121
    Monroe121 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Love the elliptical! It's great to work out on it for an hour at your first time.

Make sure you learn how to use the weights, and check out the book "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" Lifting weights is important :D

I will, Thank You!
  • lml1042
    lml1042 Posts: 121
    Options
    No suggestions here, just wanted to say great job! I would have died on the elliptical for an hour my first time at the gym.

Keep going! I personally love the leg press..makes me feel strong.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I always suggest body weight exercises. Push-ups, pull-ups,crunches, squats, burpees, rope skipping, etc, etc, etc

The variety and intensity is endless. Also, with a small space at home you can exercise at any time.

I usually exercise in my bare feet. First because I do a lot of martial art training that requires bare feet. And, most body weight exercises are "self-limiting" in that you will feel the discomfort right away if you are doing something wrong. This reduces the possibility of exercise related injury. (Note: Also helps with balance & stability!)

Check our Bodyrock.tv on Youtube. Zuzanna has some great and very challenging exercise routines. Most with little or no equipment.

Best of luck and have fun!
  • samiem
    Options
    Squats, lunges, wall sits are great for butt and legs....try the stairclimber too