Thirsty at night?

Options
BondBomb
BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
I drink water all day long. But I am usually just forcing myself to stay hydrated and I rarely feel thirsty. However at night I feel as though I have spent a day in the desert! I am so parched its almost painful. I have been tested for diabetes. Negative. I don't consume much sodium (I don't like the taste of salt). Its so odd..anyone else only thirsty at night? Its a pain in the *kitten* because I have to get up to pee like 5 times a night. And ever since that supid paranormal activity movie I have to make a 'run' for it! Damn those scary movies. Last night I almost broke my neck tripping over my kid's toy airplane.

Replies

• daunna1013
    Options
    I have the same problem! I think its just being too busy in the day to really think about water though. At night after my kids go to sleep and I dont have other things to occupy my attention i realize how thirsty I am and i feel like i could drink a bath tub!!
  • rickyd88
    rickyd88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same. I normally drink at least 1.5l of water during the day (not including cups of tea etc) and I will get up to use the toilet 3-4 times a night (bearing in mind I only sleep for about 6hrs). I always wake up so thirsty and I think it's partly due to the fact that I breathe through my mouth at night and I have the heating on during the cold months.
  • amberpaigee
    Options
    I have the same problem! I feel so thirsty during the night it's horrible!! I've never been tested for diabetes but I think I might just in case! It's ridiculous I drink so much water!
  • mary_kate23
    Options
    have you have your thyroid gland checked as well?
  • chelle4282
    chelle4282 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this! I drink more than enough water throughout the day, but slow down as it gets closer to bedtime so I don't wake up having to go throughout the night. Then I wind up feeling parchedand cotton-mouthy. It's uncomfortable but I LOVE sleep so I just wait till morning for water.