I need to lose 15 pounds before Christmas!!! HELP

I have a BMI of 27.3...I am 15 pounds over weight and I wish to lose it by Christmas....Any advice on what foods I should consume?

Replies

• Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Like people told you the FIRST time you asked. 15 in a month is unhealthy, and unrealistic.

count your calories, exercise, and stay dedicated and it will come off steadily.
  • Like people told you the FIRST time you asked. 15 in a month is unhealthy, and unrealistic.

count your calories, exercise, and stay dedicated and it will come off steadily.

I put this one on here because i was wonder what foods I should eat...
  • Ok thank!!
  • Actually 15 pounds in a month isn't that bad at all. Just stay around 1100-1300 with all healthy foods and exercise four times a week. If you don't focus on the weight itself and don't stress over it, the easier it'll come off.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 616 Member
    *eyeroll* maybe you shoulda started earlier than now.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Guillotine = 8-10 lbs gone instantly. Then you will be left with a more realistic goal of 5-7 lbs over 5 weeks.
  • If you are only 15lbs overweight, dropping all of it in a month is a bit unrealistic and like other users have said... unhealthy. That being said, I do not think it is helpful for you if I just shoot down your question without offering a solution. I have lost over 10lbs in a months time by switching to a Paleo lifestyle. It is VERY healthy and relatively easy to maintain (after the first few days of overcoming your sugar addiction). Most people I know who have switched to Paleo drop weight at first and then even out, continuing to slowly drop weight until they are healthy and lean. We all follow the "lifestyle" which includes exercise.... to learn more about Paleo visit... http://everydaypaleo.com/faq/ I am in no way affiliated with everyday paleo, it has just been an amazing resource for me and my family.
  • Actually 15 pounds in a month isn't that bad at all. Just stay around 1100-1300 with all healthy foods and exercise four times a week. If you don't focus on the weight itself and don't stress over it, the easier it'll come off.

Thanks your the first person who said that...
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Actually 15 pounds in a month isn't that bad at all. Just stay around 1100-1300 with all healthy foods and exercise four times a week. If you don't focus on the weight itself and don't stress over it, the easier it'll come off.

Thanks your the first person who said that...

Actually, 15 lbs in a month for someone with a lot to lose isn't bad, but 15 lbs in a month for someone with only 15 to lose(like the OP) IS too much, and would be difficult to do in a healthy/sustainable way. As others have pointed out, the less you have to lose, the lower your weekly weight loss goal should be. 1/2 to 1 lbs/week is the most someone trying to lose 15 lbs should aim for. I can't explain all the technical reasons, but basically the less weight you have to lose, the less your body can safely handle high calorie deficits. People with a lot to lose can handle a higher deficit more safely because of the excess fat in their bodies.
  • As others have said, that is too much in one month. It may backfire and send your metabolism into a tailspin. However, eating lots of fruits and vegetables, whole grain, and the right amount of protein (I think it is no more than 4 oz. per meal) is a good start. Make sure you are eating breakfast which should includes protein. Bumping up the exercise will turn fat into muscle so even without losing so many pounds you will be trimming your body. Hope this helps. By the way, my goal is 1-2 pounds per week which is a maximum of 8 pounds in a month. I need to drop 40 pounds and honestly I don't care if it takes me 6 months or a year. As long as I don't gain!
This discussion has been closed.