Work Out Video Games - Whatchathink?

Options
Hello All! My 9-year-old daughter currently has a Wii and we have Dance Dance Revolution, Just Dance, Michael Jackson, and Wii Fit.

I am considering getting US the Xbox360 with Kinect for Christmas, but im wondering if there is a big enough difference to make it worth spending money that I have already spent on the Wii and all of its accessories. Neither of us are big videogamers and the only types of games that we are going to play will be game shows and dance games...

Are any of you using the Video Games as your Work-Out Tools? If so, what is your experience???

Happy Holidays!!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• afigueroa_pr
    Options
    I've always used DDR since it came out every time I wanted to lose weight. They haven't failed me yet, so I would definitely recommend it. As for the more modern games, I don't own them so I can't really say anything about them except if they get you off the couch and move, it is a great thing!
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    hi I have a wii and while I have wii fit i didn't really think much to it but I love and had a major burn and great work out doing the biggest loser challenge game, got a bit frustrating when it didn't recognise what I was doing but it was a fab hard workout, I sweated buckets and hurt lots - definitely recommend that one.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    dance central for the kinect is the best. dancing. game. ever.

Seriously. the best. you will not regret it.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    dance central for the kinect is the best. dancing. game. ever.

Seriously. the best. you will not regret it.

agreed. i use mine a lot!
  • brittshelton00
    brittshelton00 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have both the Wii and Kinect and use them both! Dance Central is awesome on the kinect and it is so nice not to have to worry with controllers! My favorite workout game is EA Active, I always hurt the next day when doing that one!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    The "Just Dance" series has always been good to burn a few calories, and get some laughs.
  • 1FitBabe
    1FitBabe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I used to use DDR alot - so much fun. I also have the Michael Jackson and Just Dance. They all work for calorie burning.

For me however, I found it works better to do Zumba DVD's. The flow is smoother, no breaks in between dances. Plus it is a natural high.
  • MizzJuicy
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! I see I have a lot in common with many of you. I also LOVE DDR - I get a really good workout with that! The Wii fit really did not excite me as much once I got it home and out of the box. I have not tried EA Active or Dance Central or the Biggest Loser - But I would really like to try all of them. **sighs** I dont know which route I will take. Buy a whole new system or just stock up on all the games I am missing for the Wii! Sounds like either way, I will be okay! :happy:

I just had to call SEARS and return my treadmill because my basement is finished and I was too tall to run on the treadmill without hitting my head on the ceiling! Bummer....:mad:
  • MizzJuicy
    Options
    1FitBabe - have you ever played the Zumba for Wii?
  • 1FitBabe
    1FitBabe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yes I have. I actually like the DVD's better.