Vegas in 2 weeks, hawaii in 8!

Options
Ok, i am going to vegas on the 23rd and hawaii in may. What can i do to help me stay on track while i'm on vacation?

Replies

• kat1000000
    kat1000000 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ok, i am going to vegas on the 23rd and hawaii in may. What can i do to help me stay on track while i'm on vacation?
  • mystery7707
    mystery7707 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If you are staying in a hotel, you can check and see if they have a gym or pool and use that to workout before you head out for the day. Also, resistance bands are small and lightweight, so you could pack them to get some resistance training in while away.

I've heard there are a lot of all you can eat buffets in Vegas (don't know, i've never been).... but if so I would avoid those if possible!

Also, if you plan on doing any shopping, an extra brisk walk around the store / mall should help burn a few calories.

Other than that, try your best, have a great time, and try to watch what you eat. Enjoy your trips!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    First of all... TWO VACATIONS in a few weeks? I'm jealous...

I am going on a little vacation this week, and thought I would take a small notebook with me, and I got a calorie guide from the book store. I really need the daily accountability and math! Maybe that might work? Maybe also have a strategy, in terms of healthy snacking, and a meal or two a day that are low cal, so you can enjoy a richer meal once a day? Just an idea.

Enjoy the trips!
    :smile:
  • Rawbrat
    Rawbrat Posts: 26
    Options
    I am not sure about Hawaii but Vegas.... I just got back from there and you WALK everywhere you go so you will get plenty of exercise there.... trust me lol!!!
  • missicarignan
    Options
    Lucky You!! We went to both of those places last year! In Vegas, we had a brunch every day at 10am ( we ate at the buffet in our hotel) and tried to choose as healthy as possible. We then walked and toured all day and ate supper around 7.....we didn't loose weight, but didn't gain any either! In Hawaii we had a little fridge in our hotel room and ate a lot of pineapple and other fruits and tried to only eat out for one meal a day!! Have fun!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Vegas for my 21st birthday in May! YAY!!!
    I was wondering about that as well. Please keep me posted on how your trip goes!
    Everyone says that its one of those places where you walk around all day, but my feet hurt in cute shoes, so we'll just have to see how that works out.

I'm jealous that you're going to Hawaii! I got to go a few years ago to sing and it was too much fun. I used the gym at my hotel and ran on the beach in the morning, not to mention the swimming which is great for you.

Have fun and don't stress too much over dieting while your on vacation. Being healthy is a way of life, but trips to Hawaii don't happen everyday...I'm sure you'll be fine!