Had to tell someone...

Options
I knew everyone here would understand.
I have been wearing a size 20 then drifted into a 22 and stayed there for a while.
then I started this site and an exercise program on Jan 16th. Since then I have lost 17 pounds.
This week end I decided to go out and buy pants 2 sizes lower figuring I could fit into them soon and I wouldn't be investing in clothes at every size. After all I plan on continuing to lose weight .
I went out to the thrift store and bought 3 pairs of pants and paid less then $10.00 so I felt very clever and went home. On Sunday I decided to try them on to see how long it would be before I could wear my new purchases.
TA DA they fit!!!!! I could even zip them up without laying down!!!!!!
I am going to wait a week as they are a little snug in the hip (the side pockets gap a little) but otherwise perfect.
This has definitely made my week.
I was beginning to feel a little defeated my goals seemed a long way off. Now they don't seem so daunting.
Hope everyone else is having a good week.

Replies

• bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I knew everyone here would understand.
    I have been wearing a size 20 then drifted into a 22 and stayed there for a while.
    then I started this site and an exercise program on Jan 16th. Since then I have lost 17 pounds.
    This week end I decided to go out and buy pants 2 sizes lower figuring I could fit into them soon and I wouldn't be investing in clothes at every size. After all I plan on continuing to lose weight .
    I went out to the thrift store and bought 3 pairs of pants and paid less then $10.00 so I felt very clever and went home. On Sunday I decided to try them on to see how long it would be before I could wear my new purchases.
    TA DA they fit!!!!! I could even zip them up without laying down!!!!!!
    I am going to wait a week as they are a little snug in the hip (the side pockets gap a little) but otherwise perfect.
    This has definitely made my week.
    I was beginning to feel a little defeated my goals seemed a long way off. Now they don't seem so daunting.
    Hope everyone else is having a good week.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Great news...I'm happy for you!
  • crystalicfusion
    Options
    YAY!!!! Congrats:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I am very proud of you!:flowerforyou:
  • jesusgrl14
    jesusgrl14 Posts: 250
    Options
    Congrats! Fitting into a smaller size in jeans is the absolute BEST feeling! WTG!!:flowerforyou:
  • doglvr_75
    doglvr_75 Posts: 144
    Options
    :drinker: Congrats!!!! it's a wonderful feeling, isn't it???? Keep up the good work!!!! :drinker:
    vee
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Nothing like smaller pants to make you feel good and motivate you!! Keep up the good work. Your goals may seem huge but two pant sizes is huge too...just think two more sizes and you are in a 16 and two more after that a 14. Sometimes the big picture when it comes to a diet is overwhelming...take baby steps..they are easier to overcome!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kimd983
    kimd983 Posts: 39
    Options
    I smiled through your entire post. WONDERFUL news you made my Monday!

:wink: congrats!:wink:
  • danaanlugh
    Options
    Congratulations!!! :bigsmile:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Congratulations:drinker: and what a great bargain, which we had that around here.
  • rpowersrph
    Options
    Thats great:smile::smile:
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    tada! awesome!:flowerforyou:
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: thats fab

storys like urs keep me going thank you for sharing ur joy
    jo
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
    You guys are the best!!!
    I knew you all would understand how excited I am to go from a 22 to a size 18
    Now I need to work on 16 and 14!!!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous!!! It's so nice to see results after the work you've put it!!!
  • weightlossinprogress
    weightlossinprogress Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - what a wonderful feeling!!!