Bride-to-be! Who else is schedding for their wedding?

Options
2»

Replies

• christinereid7
    Options
    201 days till the big day! Always good to get a head start! I wanna drop atleast 15-20 pounds and I will be a happy camper! I know we all got it in us! :) would love some bridetobe friends for talking! Been hitting the gym hard the pass couple weeks, and have got some good compliments! All the hard work and ALOT of sweat will pay off!
  • joysyear
    joysyear Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married April 2012 and started this journey on May 2, 2012 giving myself just about a year! I'm doing Zumba and walking my dog but I have to say Zumba is amazing if you like to dance. The thought of getting on a treadmill or doing "traditional" workouts make me run for a cheeseburger so this is how I've found I can exercise without it feeling like exercise. LOVE. IT.

Yeah I hate running, I just started Zumba and I love it. I'm also doing the 30day shred which is killing me but it's only 20min a day. My Wedding is Jan 21 so i only have 59 days to lose 15lbs I'm hoping this website will help me from cheating and the support will help me to stay motivated to reach my goals.

Good luck brides
  • lafilleecossaise
    Options
    I am getting married 13th October 2012 so I am looking to lose 25lbs. This my first week on MFP and it looks like there is lots of motivation here to help me along for 'Project Skinny Bride'.
  • khc14
    khc14 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ooo - just checked - 164 days!!! Eeek!
  • khc14
    khc14 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ooo - just checked - 164 days!!! Eeek!
  • Lola922
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I just got engaged Saturday. I'm 27 and live in the Minneapolis area. I'm looking to lose about 5-7 pounds but also to tone up. If anyone is looking for one encouragement please add me!

Lola
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I just got married 2 weeks ago, but now I have to continue my shred for our February honeymoon in Costa Rica! Does that count??
  • charkendrick
    charkendrick Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to get married on May 19th 2012. Still in shock about it since we've only known each other for 6 weeks, but I know he is THE ONE!!! I'd like to reach my goal weight by the wedding (145 lbs--I'm 162 at the moment). Unfortunately Thanksgiving set me back a little but I'm determined to get back on track. And my wonderful fiancee has committed to walking with me every night after work.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    My wedding date is 10.5 months away in October 2012. :)

I hope to lose about 17 more lbs by then and cut down my body fat percentage.
  • lmbame905
    lmbame905 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married March 25th!! Lost 40 lbs, though the first 23 was not on MFP. I'd like to lose 30 more, but more realistically will lose about 15 more, and that's just fine. :) Feel free to add me!!
  • HFunk84
    HFunk84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mine is in 2.5 weeks. I've lost 15 pounds so far and am 6 pounds from my 'goal weight' although I am happy with the way I look now. The motivation comes from needing to fit into a dress that I bought when I WAS my 'goal weight' and being determined not to alter it because it's vintage.

It's been a hard run of it, a few ups and downs and DEFINITE blips (which I can attribute to planning stress) but I've found a combination of good cardio workouts, hot yoga and eating 4 light meals a day has gotten me there without feeling like I'm depriving myself.

I know it will pay off when I feel truly beautiful on that day, and more importantly, comfortable in my dress without having to wear spanx or any of those other body altering mechanisms. ;)

You can do it brides!
  • apgabriel915
    apgabriel915 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in Sept and lost about 30 lbs previously on WW and just didn't like the new system so now I'm doing it this way. I just started today and just did my first day of 30 day shred. I have about 20 lbs to lose but certainly won't mind losing more than that lol
  • MelPrev
    MelPrev Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in March, only 97 days away. I weigh 140lbs now and I am hoping to be able to lose 10lbs by then, maybe more. I have joined a gym and am doing weight training 3 days a week and cardio (elliptical, bike,...) on my off days. I am also sticking to a 1200 calorie a day diet. I just want to look good for my big day. I am new to mfp, and would love some friends!