I'm 2 lbs away from Onederland....help!!!

Options
What is the quickest way to get the weight off?! I have been doing a lot of dancing but I've been thinking about doing Couch to 5k. Maybe both? I don't know. I work 12 hour shifts so I just can't seem to make myself do any exercise on those days because I am on my feet practically the whole 12 hours already, so I really need to make the most of my days off. Any suggestions?! I am a pretty athletic girl despite my weight and I have a lot of muscle mass already and would really like to lean out and lose the flab. Thanks in advance!!!!

Replies

• dlongshot7
    Options
    I normally do Zumba! Its a GREAT cardio workout.. or I do Lesie Sansome (i think thats her name) 5 mile fat burning aerobic exercise. and I've consistanly have lost 2 lbs or more a week.
  • dlongshot7
    Options
    I'm trying to get to onederland by new years!!! I have 13.2 more lbs to go.
  • Just_Bethy
    Options
    You are doing it!! Eating right and working out..cardio!! It just takes time sadly!..but time flies when you aren't realizing it...you will look back 6 months from now and freak out when you realise how different you look!!!!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    The quickest way is typically not the best or healthiest way . . . however, if you really want to get that few pounds off to give you a boost seeing the scale follow this "recipe":

Oatmeal and fruit for breakfast
    2.c homemade salad with fish or chicken breast sliced for lunch (1 TBSP of dressing only, and not a cream type)
    Grilled fish or chicken breast for dinner with steamed veggies
    any snacks should consist of veggies or fruit only
    10 glasses of water each day

Follow that for a week, eat VERY clean and do not eat anything at least 2 1/2 hours before bed. I followed this very strictly for a week to get into a dress for an event and lost 5 lbs that week.

Remember though, if you exercise vigorously you will need to add more food.
  • heatherz81
    heatherz81 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba dvds and have been thinking about getting the Wii game. Sounds like I just need to keep on truckin huh? Maybe I will add the couch to 5k and just see what happens. Thanks for the thoughts everyone!
  • heatherz81
    Options
    I'm trying to get to onederland by new years!!! I have 13.2 more lbs to go.

Congrats! You will be there before you know it
  • dlongshot7
    Options
    I have the Zumba dvds and have been thinking about getting the Wii game. Sounds like I just need to keep on truckin huh? Maybe I will add the couch to 5k and just see what happens. Thanks for the thoughts everyone!

I do the Zumba Wii and its a blast. Its Zumba mixed with a game. The more your energetic the more "points" you get and it unlocks more songs etc.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Running is a great burn. I'm nearly with you just 3.5 more lbs for me
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    when I started running to fat REALLLLLLYY started to melt off....
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    the eating clean is doing it for me and cardio cardio cardio!
  • heatherz81
    Options

I do the Zumba Wii and its a blast. Its Zumba mixed with a game. The more your energetic the more "points" you get and it unlocks more songs etc.

Sweet! I will have to get it then.
  • heatherz81
    Options
    I think I'm gonna start couch to 5k on saturday since I have to work the next 3 days.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I just finished c25k. I lost 7 lbs each month since I started it. Running just seems like the fastest way!
  • heatherz81
    Options
    I just finished c25k. I lost 7 lbs each month since I started it. Running just seems like the fastest way!

Thank you and congrats!
  • heatherz81
    Options
    when I started running to fat REALLLLLLYY started to melt off....

You look fabulous! Congrats!