android phone

Options
deex18
deex18 Posts: 113 Member
does anyone have an android phone?? i just want to know if anyone had the app for my fitnesspal on their android phone and if its any good???? or is blakberrry better??? i am not spending a fortune on an iphone because personally i wont get the use of it for that much money!

Replies

• xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I use it on my Android and it's very helpful when I don't have time to log food on my computer.
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have a droid & love the app. On the app you still have access to friends, but not msg boards. And a bar-code scanner!! Awesomeness.
  • Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I love it! Use it constantly and have been able to share some of it's capabilities with friends! So easy to use!
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I had a droid for two years and just switched to the iPhone. Every app I used on droid runs so much smoother on the iPhone. That being said, MFP was probably one of the least glitchy of apps on the droid so I think you will be ok. Just remember though...if you spend less for a Droid it may not last long. I went through a few because of that.
  • deex18
    Options
    thanks im contemplating the android phone as i can get one for xmas early and get 20 euro off before the end of the month.... i think it wil help keep better track on my eating... have ye found that since u use it on your phone its easier to track your food??? just wondering
  • nikki778
    nikki778 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Droid app is great for fast logging of foods, workouts & weights, but as far as interaction you need the browser to sign onto the actual site.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I love the barcode scanner!!! never had a problem w/ the app for my Android!
  • mrimike
    mrimike Posts: 139
    Options
    I have the HTC Thunderbolt and it works flawlessly with MFP app.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,126 Member
    Options
    Yes, and an android tablet. The app is great.
  • wonca
    wonca Posts: 81
    Options
    HTC Evo 4G here. I really like the droid app and like someone else mentioned, the bar code scanner is fantastic. Haven't ever owned a black berry or iPhone so I can't comment on them.
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I actually started MFP on the phone not realising it had a web site. I loved it straight away. You can track all your food which is great when you're not at home. You can enter exercise and post to your feed. You can add friends and reply to them. You can't however use the community which I discovered on the web site. It also has a weekly feature that isn't on the web site. It works out your average.

I use a HTC desire and have never had any trouble with the app at all.
    oh, the scanner is excellent and saves heaps of time.

From what I can tell from my friends IPhones the app is the same and seems to work the same.
  • Deirdre_R
    Deirdre_R Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've used mfp for both iphone and android. Both apps are great. I use android right now and I love it. Especially the barcode reader and the daily nutrition summary. You don't get either of those features on the website.
  • deex18
    Options
    thanks peoples!! sounds lik the app is great and hopefuly il get one soon and be as happy as ye all are! :-)
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I have an Android phone and use the MFP app every day to log my food and exercise. I use it more for that than the site. I LOVE the barcode scanner. You can access everything but the Community/Forums/Groups. You can still send messages and make comments on your news feed with friends though.

I, like jaabee11, started using MFP as the app only, before I knew this support of the community was here.