Water

Options
Being new here I am trying to do everything 'right', on the diary page, water is listed as needing to consume 8 a day. Can anyone help with what the '8' measurement is. I have 6 x 600ml drink bottles in the fridge and work my way through them each day. This fits with what I have read, however, just trying to get my head around all the checks and balances to the diary. Thanks for the help in advance ... oh and I'm sorry if I have missed the answer looking me right in the face in some obvious place :o)

Replies

• Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    The 8 is for 8 cups at 8 oz per cup.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    8 x 8 ounces glass. Although it is recommended to drink 1 8 ounce glass for every 20 pounds of body weight per day and/or a minimum of eight 8 ounce glasses. That may mean drinking more, but it is worth it! It does help your liver metabolize fat and it does wonderful things for your skin too!
  • mssgirl11
    mssgirl11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    8 cups of water daily to equal 64oz :happy:
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    So it refers to 8-8 ounce glasses of water. So in your case 1 US fluid ounce = 29.5735296 ml which would equate to roughly 1,893 ml. So your 6*600ml=3,600 ml is about twice that. I try myself to get that much in a day i.e. 2 liters at least.
  • Kell_5
    Kell_5 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you all so much, everyone is so helpful here, so pleased I found MFP. I am happy to continue as I have been, just wanted to be sure I was within the correct range.