Alittle more hungry right before that TOTM?

Options
I'm not really sure if this has already been brought up, but I was wondering if any one else get really hungry right before their time of the month, is this normal and should you eat a little more to satisfy your hunger?

Right now all I can think about is food...I'm already 140 over my calories, haven't had dinner yet...

If anyone can add anything that would be great

Replies

• Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    :flowerforyou: It's normal.
  • sweets2001
    Options
    Yes that's how I get every month as well. Try to drink as much water as you can stand! Make the best choices you can and just know that a day or 2 of going over calories isn't going to hurt in the grand scheme of things.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Maybe try to fit in a little extra exercise so you can eat more and still stay under your calorie goal.
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Happens to me. I want food, especially chocolate and salt..... I try to avoid food, but I end up going over
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    *nod nod* May I suggest smallish snacks with few calories? Popcorn, fruit, juice...
  • drpurl
    drpurl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: It's normal.
    You exerience the same? LOL I am just teasing.
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Very Normal!!!!!!!!!

I drink a TON of water trying not to munch! I seem to crave super salty stuff but oddly can pass on the chocolate and sweets unlike my female coworkers LOL. Just do the best you can. I try hard but as long as I don't gain that week I am happy.
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yes! And all I want to eat are chocolates, chips and carbs!
  • espence30
    espence30 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    very normal...i always want soda, mcdonalds, ice cream and chocolate at TOTM
  • allofourdreams
    allofourdreams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Happens to me. I want food, especially chocolate and salt..... I try to avoid food, but I end up going over

yup.. chocolate, salt.. and cheese. not all at once though, ew.
  • smetivier26
    Options
    I know I always get really hungry before and during! I think what works the best for me is eating alot more food that just isnt as high in calories. So not as much fat, but a ton of fiber filled foods, and protein. Tuna sandwiches usually do the trick and I load them up with lettuce, tomato, and onion on high fiber bread. Oatmeal with a banana, and veggie omeletts with only 1 yolk. This allows me to eat alot more and not go over my calorie budget as bad. Considering your body is under stress at that time I imagine it is burning more calories than normal. So as long as you still do all your regular activities, I wouldn't fret too much if you go over a little.
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Less hungry, actually. When I do want to eat, what I really crave is a thick, dripping blue steak.

I guess my body thinks it's gotta replace the blood or something, hah.
  • jam1010
    jam1010 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It has really been my problem every month. sometimes I cannot control my appetite. i love eating junk foods. Try my best next month to behave and stay under my calorie.
  • Karebearninja
    Karebearninja Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I call it my "eat the world" feeling, in that if I tried, I'd probably make a good dent. :happy: I try to fend off my cravings with grapes(for the sweet) or carrots with ranch(for the salt). I'm not usually a red meat eater, but does anyone else find themselves wanting steak at this time?

Cheers to all!
    Kerry
  • bett_boop
    bett_boop Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    more like a lot more hungry! i'm awful! but i'm always relieved when i start and realise i'm not totally out of control!
  • angelapolite
    Options
    Maybe try to fit in a little extra exercise so you can eat more and still stay under your calorie goal.

I agree, I did do some extra walking yesterday, while shopping for a Turkey Day :happy: outfit!
  • angelapolite
    Options
    I know I always get really hungry before and during! I think what works the best for me is eating alot more food that just isnt as high in calories. So not as much fat, but a ton of fiber filled foods, and protein. Tuna sandwiches usually do the trick and I load them up with lettuce, tomato, and onion on high fiber bread. Oatmeal with a banana, and veggie omeletts with only 1 yolk. This allows me to eat alot more and not go over my calorie budget as bad. Considering your body is under stress at that time I imagine it is burning more calories than normal. So as long as you still do all your regular activities, I wouldn't fret too much if you go over a little.

Great ideas!