Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

why do you love to run

Simple as that:

What is it about running that you love....

I just started the C25K but for me its the fact that at one point in my life my parents were told that I could be wheelchair bound due to a hip injury when i was 12. This is my chance to throw it back in fate's face that I will never give up. Eventually I want to run a 5k in memory of my Mom and also in memory of my Aunt (her sister) that died from breast cancer. My Mom died from complications of her diabetes.

Replies

• RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Seeing/hearing my speed increase each time I go as I get fitter... the regular breathing and how it feels like I'm "cleaning" my body out with every breath... the way I get in to a rhythm, the thinking time, the freedom and scenery when outdoor running.... the fact I can eat that little bit more for it!

Oh and it seems to burn loads more calories than cycling/x-training etc!
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    I love to run because I have such an opportunity to think, pray and get clarity about things. I think it is one of the best exercises for that!
  • jmvh59
    jmvh59 Posts: 97
    I love to run because aside from the shoes, it costs NOTHING and is a great cardio and strength building exercise (my neighborhood has a LOT of hills). My dogs go with me and they love me for taking them. Also, I weigh a lot so I burn tons of calories runninng this massive body around, which translates to not having to go as hungry as you little folks or less active folks.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    1. makes the booty less "grande"/ calorie burn
    2. stress relief
    3. gives me energy through the day
    4. because a team of dr's once told me that I'd be lucky to walk, and that I should accept that Ill never run again...
    5. because I CAN :happy:
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    I love it because I never thought I could do it ... and I proved myself wrong :)
  • bump
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    I love it because I never thought I could do it ... and I proved myself wrong :)

YES!!!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    I was told I would never run again without surgery. While I'll never have a lot of speed due to my knee problems, so far I've been able to run without surgery and that makes me happy :smile:
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    The sense of acomplishment I get from it.... Better than anything Ive ever known.
  • fatty2fit88
    fatty2fit88 Posts: 116 Member
    1) burns calories
    2) its pretty easy to do (versus aerobics)

i hate tread mill, runs, i like out door runs...

3) Enjoy the nature
  • RachelReady2Run
    RachelReady2Run Posts: 40 Member
    Sometimes I don't love to run WHILE I'm running, but when I set out to run X miles and then I finish, that sense of accomplishment is phenomenal.

Other times I am the crazy girl, loving running WHILE I'm running, with the stupid grin on her face. I almost, and sometimes do, lol at myself cause I think I'm ridiculous, then I run faster :)
  • OMG: each one of your comments are exactly how I feel...I love being outdoors in the fresh air to think & release stress..I never thought in a million years that I would love running, especially NEVER thought I could do it...this just shows how much we all have in common ;)
  • Mama2CnR
    Mama2CnR Posts: 44 Member
    I love it because it is a great stress relief, and the feeling of strength and empowermentI feel after a run (even though I'm only at W4 of C25K) is incredible!! I amaze myself each and every time my foot hits the ground for one more second and am so looking forward to completing my first 5K in 2012 :)
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    To me running seems a bit like flying, if we were able to fly, I can move quickly while watching the scenery pass me by, its therapeutic even though it can be a bit painful at times.
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Sometimes I don't love to run WHILE I'm running, but when I set out to run X miles and then I finish, that sense of accomplishment is phenomenal.

Other times I am the crazy girl, loving running WHILE I'm running, with the stupid grin on her face. I almost, and sometimes do, lol at myself cause I think I'm ridiculous, then I run faster :)

I absolutely love this :)
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member

ditto
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    1.) Because the accomplishment in how far I've come, I have watched myself go from the couch to a 1/2 marathon
    2.) It's an awesome stress reliever
    3.) It's the only time of the day I get "me" time
    4.) I can get a lot of uninterrupted thinking done
    5.) Health/WL benefits
    6.) I can run outdoors so it's virtually a free sport (minus shoes and some running clothes)
    7.) Watching myself set new PR is extremely motivating
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member

Glad I'm not the only one to do this LOL
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Its my release from anxiety and keeps me sane!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Other times I am the crazy girl, loving running WHILE I'm running, with the stupid grin on her face.

Tonight will be day 2 of week one for the C25K for me but I totally did this on day 1!! i was so proud of myself and once I was done I got off and went into the bathroom and cried because I was so proud of myself and part of me wished my mom was there to witness it!!!!!