30 day shred epic fail

Options
Soooo I just attempted to start my day 1 of 30 day shred and it went terribly. I got through the warm up but had to quit half way through the push ups. OMG I didn't know I was that out of shape. SMH!! I'm probably going to try again a little later lol.

Replies

• shmo1969
    shmo1969 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Keep on doing it, you will get stonger in time. You are doing great!!
  • skinnyyemilyy
    Options
    I hear yah! My first day was yesterday, I thought I was going to die! haha, & they move so fast I couldn't get up quick enough! haha! :)

Good luck!!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Stick with it! Even though it's tough it goes get better. When I started (I finished 30DS a week ago) I couldn't get through the jumping jacks without stopping and when I finished I got through Level 3 following Natalie (the advanced girl) without stopping once.

While you're building up your stamina, modify-modify-modify. Don't stop, just make lower impact movements to keep yourself up!
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Try, try again. You will get it!
  • TamaraRR
    TamaraRR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Give me a tredmill and an hour and i can do 10 k, I bought ripped in 30, day 1 was all i accomplished and I took a break in the middle of it. I need to work on strength as well
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It's ok to take a breather. I think it's a very hard workout, even for beginners. Just keep working at it, it gets easier.......barely. Keep at level one until you can get all the way through it.
  • Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    That first day felt like it wanted to kill me but trust me, push through it as much as you can and modify if needed. The next day you workout to it will be easier. Do what you can. Keep it up and stay on level 1 as long as you think you need to.

Oh and I feel the fail today as well... forgot to mention that today I only made it through 5 min of the workout and I've done it 3 days already so even when you've done it before sometimes it just happens. I'm trying again later on tonight.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I didnt finish it the first couple days either. Keep doing it it gets easier much faster than you'd expect.
  • katcena
    katcena Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It is a surprisingly tough workout! Just do what you can...even if it means going 3 minutes at a time and taking all day. You will get better! Keep it up! Think how great it will feel when you can complete the whole workout down the road. And there's no reason you can't make it longer than 30 days. If it takes you 20 days instead of 10 to be able to move past Level 1 then so be it! Think about all those people out there who aren't even willing to put the DVD in the DVD player...you are already better than them!
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i did level 2 yesterday for the first time and had to stop after a few minutes. the meaning of taking it up a notch took a whole new meaning.
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    the first time I ever did it ( years ago) I got to minute 7. Out of 30 I got to 7!! This discouraged me so much that I didn't try again until this past summer. I wasted at least 2 years still being out of shape because I got discouraged.

Don't repeat what I did. Just do what you can and try again tomorrow!!

Good luck and if you're from the US then Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    the first time I ever did it ( years ago) I got to minute 7. Out of 30 I got to 7!! This discouraged me so much that I didn't try again until this past summer. I wasted at least 2 years still being out of shape because I got discouraged.

Don't repeat what I did. Just do what you can and try again tomorrow!!

Good luck and if you're from the US then Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
  • namenumber
    namenumber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!!! The first day was really hard for me (I'm on day 6) but it's been getting a little easier each time :) I'm a little scared to start level 2 soon, though :D
  • wjranch
    wjranch Posts: 152
    Options
    That's what the pause button is for!! by day 30 you'll be tearing it up! Stick with it... modify as you need to until you're doing it with them at their speed!

We all start somewhere... I'm doing P90X and can not make it thru a workout without breaking for a bit... sometimes it's a minute, sometimes it's 2... i just do what i can... mark it all down on the progress charts and carry on...

DO IT!!
  • Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    While you're building up your stamina, modify-modify-modify. Don't stop, just make lower impact movements to keep yourself up!
    [/quote]

OK.. I didn;t get quite to the advanced version by the end of Level 3 BUT.. I did manage to use the modified version and complete the full 30 days!!! I was so proud... and if this "nearing 50 yr old" can manage to plug through I know you can too!

Modify modify modify!!!!! DON'T STOP!! :flowerforyou:
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I work out almost daily with a mix of cardio and resistance/weights, and have for about 5 years. I tried the 30DS several months ago and found it REALLY REALLY hard. I consider myself pretty fit and was embarrassed to find how difficult circuits like this are for me.

Keep at it and instead of giving up, just pause and rest for as long as you need (ignore Jillian's "no more than 30 second" rest rule!) before resuming. Also, if you were using weights, try doing it without. Anything is better than nothing, but more is always better than less. Keep going and you will see progress in your endurance!

-LP
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I failed epically on my first attempt, too! Not as easy as it looks so don't be hard on yourself!
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! The feeling of accomplishment you will feel when you get further and further in the workout will override what you are feeling now.
    I huff, puff, grunt and use various 4-letter words while doing 30DS, but when I get all the way through a sequence without stopping I point at the TV and scream, "HA, take that Jillian!!"
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    also if you have to stop doing one move wait till they start the next move and do a little of each one. It does get easier...
  • Becxox
    Becxox Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Dont give up the first few days are tough but you will feel fitter in no time.

A bunch of us are doing it together LEVEL 1 SHREDDERS DAY 1 started today!
    Feel free to join us and post on this topic, we all want to hear how it is going for anyone doing it :)