good balance of fats, carbs, proteins

Options
I am a 40 year old pretty active female. Last February I got hooked on this site, and dropped about 20 pounds between Feb and June, going from a size 8 or 10 to a size 4 -6. My body fat dropped from about 22% to 13, and I'm much more fit and healthy overall. I am happy with my weight, feeling great, and just wondering about some things. Basically I learned a lot about nutrition and cleaned up my family's diet. I had customized my settings and would like some opinions on a good balance of fats, carbs, and proteins. Right now I have my proteins at 35% of my calories (which is about 1 g of protein per pound of muscle), carbs are at 45%, and fats are at 20%. I row on a stationary erg 4-5 times per week for about 30 min. per session. I do light dumbell squats, push-ups, and pull-ups. Thoughts and advice welcome!

Replies

• auhala
    auhala Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'm 38 and have maintained a 20 lb weight loss over the last six months. I also went from size 10 to size 4-6 and body fat went from 28% to 19%. I currently work out 5-6 days/week by doing Farrell's Extreme Bodyshaping program (combined cardio-kickboxing and resistance band training). I really want to maintain my current weight and have customized my diet to include 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat. I'm really struggling with maintaining. Not sure if this is the most appropriate way to maintain or not. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    What your doing sounds fine for the type of activity that you do and how active you are.

I'm only 23 years old and just had my body fat tested, and I was at 19. I want to say I started out at 30%, but I'm not exactly sure.

I weight train(both machines and free weights) two to three times a week on my own and see my trainer once a week. My trainer is the one who set up my carb/fat/protein ratio through the system my gym uses, and he set it at 40/30/30.
  • atsimon
    Options
    I'm not having any trouble maintaining. In fact, I was off MFP from June until August, as I was at our mountain cabin without internet or phone service. I just know what to eat now. I just wanted to be sure that my ratio of carbs, proteins, and fats is healthy. What are your daily calories like? Are you still eating at a deficit? You might want to bump them up for a couple weeks and then drop them back down to see what happens.