Finally Giving It a Try

Options
zbmb30
zbmb30 Posts: 178 Member
I have had a MFP profile for awhile now. I have actually only been using it consistently the past three weeks. I am 23 and have gained weight since graduating college in May of 2010. I started a "grownup job" and I unfortunately sit at a desk for 10 hours 4 days a week. I got a pedometer a few weeks ago and have been tracking my steps with that. I have been counting every little calorie the past three weeks as well. I finally decided to start going to the gym where I work. It's free and they have free trainers, so I figured there goes most of my excuses out the door. So far, in 3 weeks, I have already lost 7 pounds, but I still have a long way to go. I don't want this to be temporary, I want to make this a permanent lifestyle. I hope to meet new people who are in similar boats as me that will encourage and motivate me, and hopefully I can do the same for others as well.

Oh, I also forgot to mention in the long ramble above, my boyfriend is also trying to start lose weight as well. I think it's starting to turn into a competition between us, and neither of us can stand to lose. :) So this is another good push for me to stick to a healthy lifestyle.

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Competing with your man can be a good thing! My husband and I motivate each other like that! Good luck!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Change your mindset...in the immortal words... There is no try. There is only do, or do not....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrFzlYh6FuOoOu7q2LVciMSlrKlEti7ylnT1zmjpyd6h87qhkXgQ
  • martabene
    Options
    Welcome! I'm sure you'll be very successful !

And i think you've said it all, is not just about the weight, is also about having a permanent lifestyle, full of good choises for a better live with more quality.

Keep it up with the good results! You can do it!

Marta
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Its def about lifestyle change! That's great ur bf is doing it too I bet that will help a lot! My hubby still eats the same which is terrible n sometimes teases me for not eating what he's eating but I want this bad enough...anyhow best of luck to u!

Sulei