Day 1 of P90X Classic - November 21, 2011

Options

Replies

• swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    are you in a group or anything for it?? I started today too!!

This is my second round.
  • wjranch
    wjranch Posts: 152
    Options
    Day 2 for me!! I conquered Plyo even with my seriously painful Chest/Shoulders/Back from Day 1 .... LOL

Make sure you do before and after pics!!
    And Good Luck!
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I started today also... lean version. so excited to see where my body goes!
  • JennMcGlone
    JennMcGlone Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I started today too! I'm doing the classic. Hoping I last all 90 days. I told my husband that I must have lost my mind to start this the week of Thanksgiving! Good luck everyone! :)
  • jenymac
    Options
    I started today, too! I'm intimidate by the pull ups, but I plan to stick with it. Good luck to us all!
  • OURLADYPAULINE
    OURLADYPAULINE Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    are you in a group or anything for it?? I started today too!!

This is my second round.

Hi - I will be starting a group soon called 'Pauline Giles Fitness' - let me know if you want in :)
  • OURLADYPAULINE
    Options
    Day 2 for me!! I conquered Plyo even with my seriously painful Chest/Shoulders/Back from Day 1 .... LOL

Make sure you do before and after pics!!
    And Good Luck!

Dec 6, 2010 I started out at 162 lbs. I stand at 5'8, I did Power90, lost 22 lbs & 16.5" inches off of my body. I did P90X LEAN once that was completed and lost 20 lbs & 13 or 13.5" off my body during that workout.
    I did start P90X Classic early summer - something personal came up that I had to leave my workouts alone.

All my before pics are in my pictures. I do believe they are public. I was a FATTY when I started almost a year ago :)
  • OURLADYPAULINE
    Options
    I started today also... lean version. so excited to see where my body goes!

I absolutely LOVED doing P90X LEAN, it made my obsession for lifting heavier weights, in the classic version much more enjoyable. I wish you the best as well. During my 90 days with LEAN - I lost 20 lbs & 13 or 13.5" off of my body :) It can be done :)
  • OURLADYPAULINE
    Options
    I started today too! I'm doing the classic. Hoping I last all 90 days. I told my husband that I must have lost my mind to start this the week of Thanksgiving! Good luck everyone! :)

That is fantastic! I would love for us to keep motivated each other. I love working out 6 times a week, it will be tough I have been away for quite sometime from working out. I can feel the HURT in my arms when I type this, looking fwd to the pain when I wake tomorrow :)
  • OURLADYPAULINE
    Options
    I started today, too! I'm intimidate by the pull ups, but I plan to stick with it. Good luck to us all!

My arms aren't the strongest, I do the bands with the pullups :)
  • OURLADYPAULINE
    Options
    I started today also- I have done it in the past and loved it. Just completed insanity and am actually doing a p90/insanity hybrid this round- if you start a separate thread I'd love to participate for support and motivation.

I will be starting a group called 'Pauline Giles Fitness' soon, so look for it and I will add you :)
  • Mkristinek
    Options
    Hi! I started p90x a month ago, but got busy and just went back to running. I stopped in week 3 :(. I would love to (and am about to at semesters end) start back up but I was curious about the.difference between.classic and lean. I'm aiming more for weight loss and toning, more than lots.of muscle, although building muscle doesnt scare me...as long as I get fit!

So which one might help me reach my goals more efficiently? I was hoping lean might help me lose the fat, and then do a second round with classic.to build muscle. Any ideas?

Thanks! :)
  • JennMcGlone
    Options
    Ha!!! I woke up this morning and felt like I'd been hit by a truck! I pushed thru and did plyometrics today and it kicked my booty!!! I want to record my calorie burn but I'm not sure how many calories to record. Any suggestions? It's a 59 minute workout.
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    I'm totally in for a group!! I'll look out for it. Day two for me, unfortuantely I can't do plyo quite yet because of a hip injury, so substituting some quality time with the elliptical. Or idk, maybe I'll try to do plyo later as well, and see how it feels.

Chest is sore from yesterday, but not so much as the first ruodn. My goal is to be able to do 10 pullups by the end of p90x!! I wanna be in awesome shape to start P90X2...

my first round I lost about 10 inches, and gained a ton in general fitness.and just having a sporty, toned look. Even though I've still lost weight since ending P90X, I was finding my general fitness level decreasing ever so slightly. Thus taking it up again. I snowbaord, and run, so I'm mainly in it for the strength trainign days, but I will try to stick to the overall program plan...

Amy
  • JennMcGlone
    Options
    Hi Jenn- did plyo X myself today--- day 2 as well-- not as sore as I have been in the past when starting this program, but definately a bit "tight". My burn was 511 using my HRM-- but that is much lower than it had been in the past when I did this program. I just finished insanity and my cardio conditioning is as good as I have ever had it.. P90x estimates 600 for some folks- but so much depends on your weight and fitness level....

Thanks so much! I wanted to get a HRM for Christmas, but I may just have to go ahead and invest in one now. I ended up recording 59 minutes of circuit training and it gave me a 495 burn. I'd rather under estimate my burn than over.
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    I ussually put plyo in as aerobics, high impact. I think 500-600 cals is reasonable if not modest for that workout... if you're doing the whole 50 minutes, and your heart rate is elevated the whole time... I mean, just think about how much you'd burn if you went for a 50 minute jog!

Regarding classic vs. lean - I honestly would really go for classic. I like the strength training portions of P90X much better than the cardio - if you're just looking for a lot of cardio I think there are other workouts that are better. My opinion is if you're going to do P90X, do classic. Like others have said, you shouldn't worry about bulking up. Weightlifters struggle to gain muscle, imbibing tons of calories. On a calorie deficit, its really just not an issue.