Frozen bananas what can I do with them???

Options
Hey everyone! I had several bananas that were gonna go bad so I decided to peel them & freeze them until I could figure out what to do with them. I'm not big on smoothies & I try & watch my sugar intake. So does anyone have any ideas for low sugar snacks???

Replies

• cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    throw them in a food processor or blender and you can add things to it if you want. They will come out as the consisitency of ice cream and it is good!
  • Acatlett77
    Options
    Awesome!!! Do I need to add milk also??
  • ninu13
    ninu13 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Smoothie!!! :)
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    banana bread, banana muffins, mashed as an oatmeal topper....
  • patricia909
    patricia909 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    find a banana bread recipe
  • isabellammm
    isabellammm Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    no, you dont! i mean you could...but then it would be more of a smoothie. I LOVE banana ice cream haha

...in response to if you need milk or not
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options

nope just blend on their own, if you want the 'icecream' to be a little thicker just throw it back in the freezer for a couple of hours to set a little harder :)
  • TheShelterCat
    Options
    LOL
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Melt some dark chocolate, pour into a mug, and dip the frozen bananas in it. Chill, then eat!
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I put a stick in them and freeze them... just like eating ice cream. If you wanna get fancy drizzle some melted chocolate over them and maybe sprinkle some nuts on top.
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Frozen bananas, peanut butter, cocoa powder...pureed to ice cream consistency. YUMMMY!!!
  • Acatlett77
    Options

nope just blend on their own, if you want the 'icecream' to be a little thicker just throw it back in the freezer for a couple of hours to set a little harder :)

Awesome I'm gonna try this tonight!!! Thanks!
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    LOL

That was my first thought too. There must be something wrong with us.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    throw them in a food processor to make a treat with a soft serve ICE CREAM consistency. You can also add greek vanilla yogurt and blend to make a healthy 'milkshake'. Another idea is to dip in in chocolate and freeze again.. then you have a quick frozen dessert!
  • yary317
    Options
    Whiz them in a blender, it gets creamy and gooey
    Like Ice Cream!! It's real good
  • yary317
    Options
    Whiz them in a blender, it gets creamy and gooey
    Like Ice Cream!! It's real good
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I had several bananas that were gonna go bad so I decided to peel them & freeze them until I could figure out what to do with them. I'm not big on smoothies & I try & watch my sugar intake. So does anyone have any ideas for low sugar snacks???

Check out Rachel Rays website....she makes a banana ice cream with frozen bananas and all you need is a blender! It looked so yummy.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Try this recipe for muffins. I also make it as a 9x5 loaf of bread (increase bake time to about 50 minutes). It's delicious, and there's no added sugar, save for the honey. You could sub Splenda if need be instead. This is quick and easy to make and bakes up really well. Enjoy!

Blueberry Banana Muffins

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup Skim Milk
    1/2 cup Blueberries
    3/4 cup old fashioned oats
    1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
    1/2 teaspoon Salt
    2 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
    2 tablespoons honey or agave
    3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    1 Egg
    3 Bananas, mashed
    1 tablespoon Cinnamon
    1 1/4 cups Whole Wheat Flour

Mix all ingredients together, and put into muffin pan about 2/3 of the way full. This will be a pretty thick muffin mix. I added my blueberries in last, and hand stirred them as to not squish them in my mixer. Bakes at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. I made 24 muffins with this recipe.

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sugar Chol
    Total: 1665 367 13 45 133 217
    Per Serving: 69 15 1 2 6 9
  • KAbena
    KAbena Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I second the blender idea! Blend, and add cocoa for a choc/banana type of dessert!
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    water, protein and frozen banana blenderized to shake consistency mmmmmmm