Upping my water intake

Options
I admit - plain water doesn't interest me. My DH bought me a machine (Sodastream) that makes carbonated water. They make soda flavors with artificial sweetener. What I like the best is their little bottles of flavor "essence". Now I just fill the bottle with plain filtered water, add a capful of the essence & chug all day.

Jacqluie

Replies

• rockeraxXx
    Options
    Sounds great but doesn't it have a lot of sodium?
  • megcalvert
    megcalvert Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I was about to say the same thing! Purified water is the best for you!!!!!!
    I keep a purified bottle with a filter in it and fill it up all day...by the end of the day I am way over on my water intake! It also has a gel pack inside that keeps the water cold!
  • cmoutarimoussa
    cmoutarimoussa Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I use crystal light packets. and they only have 5 calories per packet and no sodium! I love em! I drink about 12 cups of water a day!!!
  • jcb1958
    jcb1958 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    No sodium. Water is carbonated through a CO2 cartridge. I use water from the Britta filter.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Purified water is also bland, dull, and very uninviting. Luckily we don't need to drink any neat water at all to stay hydrated! Keep slinging that tea/coffee my way! :D
  • jcb1958
    jcb1958 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I do the coffee & tea in AM, but have to watch the caffeine later in the day. Today's flavor of water was orange - very refreshing. J
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Water is very important!! I drink about 1 litre (4 cups) of water with each meal as well as throughout the day. The only time I have a hard time with is at breakfast. I'm not a huge fan of chugging two large glasses of ice cold water first thing in the morning but for me, it kicks my metabolism into gear and gets me going for the day. Drinking large amounts of water with my meals also makes me feel fuller. The only downside is that I get to visit the washroom on a regular basis but you can't really have it both ways!
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I started drinking mostly water about three weeks ago. I've only had four glasses of something else since then. It definitely makes me feel better and not bloated i've noticed. It helps keep me full too. On the bad days i only get in 8 glasses. I prefer 10 or more. It's very good for you!
  • Immaskinnycow
    Immaskinnycow Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am not a huge water fan, but I do drink it. I drink even more of it now using MiO liquid water enhancer. It contains no calories, no fat, no sodium, no sugars, and no protien. You can use a little or a lot depending on how you want it to taste. I drink 12 - 20 glasses of water everyday.