P90X newbie

Options
Hey everyone, I know there's a million topics on this but I have my own questions soooo here we go.
Any tips and advice for someone new to this? I just bought it, and want to know what I am getting into before I jump in.
Any success stories?
Thank you!

Replies

• wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    As you will hear this many o times from Tony. "Do your best and forget the rest!" Do what you can, at your level. If you have to do modifications or take an extra break, do it! Don't let those on the video discourage you, they have been doing the program longer and you are just starting out....you will get there.
  • amygee05nb
    Options
    As you will hear this many o times from Tony. "Do your best and forget the rest!" Do what you can, at your level. If you have to do modifications or take an extra break, do it! Don't let those on the video discourage you, they have been doing the program longer and you are just starting out....you will get there.

thanks for the tips and encouragement! Hopefully I will love it.
  • Fit2Tri
    Fit2Tri Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Having gone thru 1.5 rounds of P90X and am currently 1 week into my third round, I can say that I have learned a few things. One thing is don't neglect your nutrition side. Exercise only accounts for 20% of weight loss, the remaining 80% is attributed to nutrition, so don't lose sight of that part. Not knowing what your goals are, I'm not too sure what other advice I could give you. Feel free to message me.
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my second round on Monday 11/28. I started a new thread to form a group to help each other out. Care to join us? We have one person who just started this week and another about to start any day now.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/403121-p90x-grouop-to-finish-the-year-strong