I almost can't believe this is working!!!

Options
I started on MFP on Nov 1st, and am already down 6.5 lbs. This has never happened to me before. And I don't even feel like I am on a " diet.". In my mind, what I needed was to follow through on a lifestyle change, and now I finally have the tool to do that! I set my goal to lose a pound a week, but lost that first 6 in just about 2 weeks by sticking fairly closely to the guideline set in MFP. The last week I have gone over each day because I have had no room for burning those extra calories, but I haven't seen the scale go back up... Yay! If you are a stay at home mom with small kids to chase, in your late 30's, I can relate, so friend me!

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you, and so happy this is working! That's the wonderful thing about MFP. It's not a diet! It is a lifestyle choice that gives you power over your life through providing you with knowledge :D
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I have a large kid, does that count? He's 15, and much taller than me!
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Haha, that's awesome! I'm happy for you! That's a great progress for you. I've been pretty motivated for the past 2 months here and even though I didn't lose as much as you, I can still feel a positive outcome in the future ;)
  • Marebare74
    Options
    Sure!
  • simone1003
    Options
    That's awesome, I can so relate, I'm a working mom of three small kids all under 7 but have a daughter in college as well. I never thought that I can lose the weight and keep it off. MFP really helps me be accountable for what I eat. This is a great site. Congrats and keep going strong. Friend me and we can keep each other encouraged.
  • jackiep187
    jackiep187 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way! And with each passing month that you keep it up, the feeling just gets better! Yay for you!
  • leann74016
    leann74016 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've tried numerous ways to try to lose weight, but this has been the only thing that has ever worked for me and I have actually kept the weight off and keep losing weight!! Its such a great feeling knowing I CAN DO THIS!!!! :) I am a momma to a two yr old but im in my late 20's so if ya would like, you can friend me :)