The cake: Is it a lie? A true love story about self control

Options
Cake: But Janean, you've always loved me. What's changed?
Janean: Oh cake, you know I adore you... its just that I can't do this anymore...
Cake: But why? Don't tell me its those brownies. Are you cheating on me?
Janean: I'm not cheating on you. I'm done with sweets altogether! Nothing good has ever come out of any relationship with something like you.
Cake: You can't surely mean that? Look at all the good times we've had together. Remember your birthday party last year when your coworkers surprised you with a big chocolaty piece of me?
Janean: I do remember. We've had some good times...
Cake: Then what is it? Don't you want me anymore?
Janean: ((sighs)) The truth is... you've been lying to me all this time... you are loaded with sugar and calories. You told me it would be okay, time and again. And I trusted you. And now look at me, I'm overweight. And it's all because of you!
Cake: Just one more bite, baby. I promise I'll make it all okay. Without you I would turn into mold and waste away into nothing...
Janean: Just one more time? ((thinking to herself "would that really hurt?"))

YES! Why yes it would hurt if you let cake and other bad things that are disguised as good take over your life. It's time to end this bad relationship! It's time you make the decisions around here, don't let cake sweet talk you anymore!

Take control of your self control by joining our group. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/340-take-control-of-your-self-control

We're about to start a new challenge in December for our members to help with self control. Read about the challenge here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/403582-the-official-self-control-challenge-december

Replies

• Kina7381
    Kina7381 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wish I could of read this before I ate half a cupcake 10 minutes ago =(

lol
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    That was cute and entertaining. :)
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wish I could of read this before I ate half a cupcake 10 minutes ago =(

lol

10 minutes ago I was taking my time writing this post, I should have started it earlier haha sorry :(
  • jonzo21
    Options
    That was cute and entertaining. :)

haha thanks :)
  • jonzo21
    Options
    bump
  • jonzo21
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • latiMoore
    latiMoore Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i agree cute story..

Im new so this may be kinda of crazy question, but what does bump mean?
  • jonzo21
    Options
    i agree cute story..

Im new so this may be kinda of crazy question, but what does bump mean?

not a crazy question, everyone starts somewhere! :) it just "bumps" this topic up on the main page so that more people can view it. Also if you "bump" a topic, it will save under "my topics" which makes it easy to view later on
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Love iy!!
    I should start having a dialogue with treats when I am tempted to buy/eat them.
    Of course, people in the supermarket might think I've gone mad, but it's all in a good cause!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    ha ha so funny.

however, I still love cake. a lot. :)
  • jonzo21
    Options
    Love iy!!
    I should start having a dialogue with treats when I am tempted to buy/eat them.
    Of course, people in the supermarket might think I've gone mad, but it's all in a good cause!

At least you'll be mad right here with me. I swear that cake was talking to me >_> bahaha
  • jonzo21
    Options
    :)
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Tell me I'm not the only one who thought it was a Portal reference!

(The cake is a lie)

(I don't really agree with the principle behind the story. It's okay to eat cake)
  • jonzo21
    Options
    I don't know what portal is. But I've heard the saying "the cake is a lie" before, so maybe, I dont know where it came from.

I think you missed the moral of the story (or maybe I didn't make it clear enough) but the moral is basically to better your self control, not avoid cake altogether (although I can see how it may seem that way). Its mostly for people who just can't say no to anything, especially when that cake is calling to them!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    "The cake is a lie" is an internet meme that comes from the game "Portal". You probably read somewhere on the interwebs, it was all over the place.
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options

(The cake is a lie)

(I don't really agree with the principle behind the story. It's okay to eat cake)

You're not the only one. :P
  • airycha
    airycha Posts: 135 Member
    Options

(The cake is a lie)

I was thinking it was Portal too! :happy:

-edit- which just reminded me... my husband and I need to get back to playing portal 2! we started but then classes started and I haven't had time to play all semester. :cry:
  • jonzo21
    Options

(The cake is a lie)

I was thinking it was Portal too! :happy:

-edit- which just reminded me... my husband and I need to get back to playing portal 2! we started but then classes started and I haven't had time to play all semester. :cry:

yeah its all over the interwebs so at least now i know where it originated! I think the first place I heard it from was World of Warcraft... I think there was a quest or an achievement called that, but they like to spoof on other games sometimes.
  • jonzo21
    Options
    happy thanksgiving everyone, make good choices :P
  • djsysstem
    djsysstem Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The Cake is a Lie is a catchphrase popularized by the game Portal, and is often used to convey the message that a promised gift is being used to motivate without any intent of delivering.

Nice!

There are fans of the game on here :) Wheeee