Medication making this hard!

Options
2»

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    That all said it's a generational difference too, I've got lots of younger friends who think nothing of posting just about anything for everyone to see, it's their experience / what they know, everyone texts/tweets/posts etc even if its nothing me than
    I'm deciding what to make for dinner
    I'm eating dinner
    I'm walking the dog after eating dinner...
    Just sharing a lot more freely.
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    DAMMIT I thought this was going to be a super-helpful ED thread!

You beat me to it! I clicked on here hoping to be the first one to make an ED comment.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    DAMMIT I thought this was going to be a super-helpful ED thread!

You beat me to it! I clicked on here hoping to be the first one to make an ED comment.
    YUSSSS!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Oh come on! Are you guys her Mom? If she wants to put her phone # on the forum, thats her choice. Got to love the "know-it-alls"!

OMG...are you serious?

Showing any signs of being concerned, and we get called a know-it-all!

Fine, put your number up, and dont come crying back here when you get moronic phone calls all the time.

Get off your damn high horse.
    I thought I would give you some friendly advice because you might be less-than-internet-savvy and not realize the ramifications. But feel free to make unwise decisions for yourself and not appreciate advice from people who care about your welfare. I certainly won't waste my time with this any further.

Exactly. And as for the OP editing it to say "happy now?". Wow. After that little strop i couldn't give a **** if you get your number on here or not now.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    As to the reason for your post did you go through the battery of blood-tests etc to determine any nutritional deficiencies that could be contributing?
    There's a lot of "medicated" solutions to things that could be fixed by a simple dietary change but big-pharma doesn't benefit from those solutions.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am really in desperate need of some help!!! I started a new medicine about 2 weeks ago for my depression. Problem is, one of the side effects is increase in appetite and boy has it hit me hard! I'm constantly "cheating" and even binging at night time. I need help!!! For some reason I just dont have the self discipline to tell myself no :'( any suggestions?

Happy now?

Suggestion: Medication is not your problem. :flowerforyou:
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I had a similar problem. When I first started taking Depakote for my migraines, I didn't care if I gained weight or not. I was willing to do ANYTHING to get rid of my migraines. Now that I feel better, I got off the meds.

It was the same with my birth control. When I first started taking that, I was a healthy weight, and I could stand to gain a few pounds. Now that I'm solidly overweight, I will find other methods to avoid having children.

I say, decide whether or not the relief that the medicine brings is worth it to you. If you are really depressed, it might be better to be overweight than to be sad all the time.

However, if you're obese, but not super depressed, maybe you can find another medicine or try alternative therapy techniques.

Ask your doctor how long you're going to be on the meds. If it's going to be for life, you definitely want to bring up the issue. However, if it's just for a few months or a year, it might be worth it to just deal with the hunger and weight gain until you feel better.
  • stephaniesard89
    Options
    Thank you to the people who moved on and didnt participate in the unwanted childish acts. Thanks for your help :)
  • stephaniesard89
    Options
    I had a similar problem. When I first started taking Depakote for my migraines, I didn't care if I gained weight or not. I was willing to do ANYTHING to get rid of my migraines. Now that I feel better, I got off the meds.

It was the same with my birth control. When I first started taking that, I was a healthy weight, and I could stand to gain a few pounds. Now that I'm solidly overweight, I will find other methods to avoid having children.

I say, decide whether or not the relief that the medicine brings is worth it to you. If you are really depressed, it might be better to be overweight than to be sad all the time.

However, if you're obese, but not super depressed, maybe you can find another medicine or try alternative therapy techniques.

Ask your doctor how long you're going to be on the meds. If it's going to be for life, you definitely want to bring up the issue. However, if it's just for a few months or a year, it might be worth it to just deal with the hunger and weight gain until you feel better.

I just read up on this medicine and apparently massive amounts of weight gain is a HUGE problem on this medicine! Needless to say, I will be calling my doctor tomorrow! Thank you :)
    And thank you for ignoring the previously immature posts :)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Sorry if someone already suggested this, the thread got crowded, but what about asking your doctor about taking the meds at different times of day to see if that will help?
  • stephaniesard89
    Options
    Sorry if someone already suggested this, the thread got crowded, but what about asking your doctor about taking the meds at different times of day to see if that will help?

What a great idea!?! Thank you for that great suggestion!