The wonders of TEA!

Options
Ok, this may be a total coincidence, but I thought I would share anyways in case someone else wants to try it. If you've hit a plateau I strongly reccomend drinking 8 cups of decaf tea everyday with no sweetener or cream or anything. I had slowed down to about a pound a week and for the last 3 days I've been pounding the tea to me and lost 3 lbs. Tea is a natural diuretic, so I'm sure all it was doing in decreases bloat, but STILL, it made me feel great to lose somemore. If anyone else tries this let me know how it works for you. I'm curious to see if it was just coincidence or not. :)

Replies

• laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Ok, this may be a total coincidence, but I thought I would share anyways in case someone else wants to try it. If you've hit a plateau I strongly reccomend drinking 8 cups of decaf tea everyday with no sweetener or cream or anything. I had slowed down to about a pound a week and for the last 3 days I've been pounding the tea to me and lost 3 lbs. Tea is a natural diuretic, so I'm sure all it was doing in decreases bloat, but STILL, it made me feel great to lose somemore. If anyone else tries this let me know how it works for you. I'm curious to see if it was just coincidence or not. :)
  • Bekah
    Bekah Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    any decaf tea? which one are you using?
  • my3kids
    my3kids Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    green tea is the best to aid in weight loss
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    I'm just using store brand orange pekoe, or whatever it is..lol just plain old tea
  • Bekah
    Bekah Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think I might give it a shot I am a little stuck at a 30 lbs loss and I have a goal of 10 more pounds by April 18th so hopefully it will give me the boost I need. It is worth a shot! Tea has no calories right?:ohwell:
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    It says it doesn't have any on the box :) I like it, better than plain old cold water
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I have been only drinking two cups of green tea a day, I will make it more, I know I don't get enough water.
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    I'm not sure if it was what made me lose so much weight, but anyone who tries it let me know how you fare!
  • Clara
    Clara Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have been on this site for 2 weeks! Since I signed up, I have completely changed my eating habits. No more pizza pops for lunch at work, no more junk food. I have been spending 30 minutes a day on the eliptical.
    I was tempted to try the WUYI tea as they say it helps you to lose weight. I researched it and found I could buy the same tea with a different name at my health food store. It is called OOLONG tea. I have been drinking it since I started here. I also bought and use the green tea. Both LOOSE tea (not bagged).
    My results: I have lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks. I have so much energy now. :drinker:
    Was it the tea? the exercise? the healthier food choices? I don't know, but I am going to keep on keeping on! :flowerforyou:
  • kitkat
    kitkat Posts: 2
    Options
    It may be the tea...I found success when I used take green tea capsules...I used the decaf kind...helped my appetite and I lost weight...that was the only time I really lost in recent years. I am looking for the decaf capsules again cuz my stores don't carry the decaf anylonger
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I agree with the tea drinking. Decaf or full caf...
    I use the green tea sugar free mixes.
    My fav is cherry or blue berry.
    I love the white tea as well....

Like the Crystal lights.
  • Wildbran
    Wildbran Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try the green teas I think. I was afraid they would just taste nasty...but getting my daily water is hard sometimes, especially while trying to curb a diet coke addiction. But some of the new green teas with the fruit flavors I think might work. I use the sugar free peach tea mix sometimes for my water, that helps.
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    where can I find the oolong tea? GNC?
  • cegeland
    cegeland Posts: 25
    Options
    If you are looking to order some really great White, Green, Black or Oolong loose leaf and bagged teas I suggest trying out Adagio at http://www.adagio.com they have a great selection and good prices.
  • Clara
    Clara Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    where can I find the oolong tea? GNC?
    At any health food store. I bought a tin of "FUJIAN OOLONG TEA" FOR ABOUT $6. I drink it everyday and it will likely last a month. The people at the store said that the loose tea is better because in order to process it into bags, it loses some of its potency. I also bought a tin of the CHINA GREEN TEA. Way better than the stuff I was buying before at the supermarket. Try it with a splash of lemon.