NSV - Tall Boots!

Options
My calves have always been too big for anything but the shorty-style ankle boots. Very depressing considering all the really cute knee boots out there. Well, today, I decided to try on a pair of tall boots.

THEY FIT!!! :happy:

It was a great boost, because the scale has been stuck for a bit and I've been kind of discouraged. But I can't help but be thrilled to strut my stuff in my new boots. Oh, yeah - I will definitely be keeping my gym membership.

Replies

• bmusic86
    Options
    Thats awesome! I have always had that depressing problem too, now I'm encouraged to go try on some cute pairs. Thanks!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Tall boots rock! Congrats on being able to wear em!
  • jmsladky
    Options
    Good for you, I am having a problem finding them to fit my calves. What type exercises did you do to target calves? Anything in particular?
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    hooray!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go! I can love my high boots, next goal is the thigh high style!
  • wildcata77
    Options
    Good for you...that's awesome!

I have one pair of mid-calf boots that fit, but I can't wait to find more. I tried on a few just-above the angles yesterday and my cankles were too big to zip them up, haha!
  • deeannhill
    deeannhill Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good for you, I am having a problem finding them to fit my calves. What type exercises did you do to target calves? Anything in particular?

I didn't target-tone! That was the best part. Plyo-boxing & circuit training.
  • hnjohnson007
    Options
    that's a great NSV! i'm looking forward to that day for me!! My friend just bought a pair of cute boots...she wanted me to try some on while we were at the store...it was kind of embarrassing not being able to zip them up all the way...but someday i'll be the belle of the ball in my boots!
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    That's awesome - Congrats!

My girlfriend just called to tell me that Lane Bryant has wide calf boots on sale and I was thrilled to tell her that I don't need wide calf boots anymore. Every pair of regular sized boots I tried on at DSW fit me.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Hey, well done. That is great.

How about a photo post ?

Feel free to send me a friend request for two-way support.

Gary
  • MummaAimz
    MummaAimz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have huge calves.....a blessing from my fathers side of the family....I'm going to start doing calf reduction exercises so I too can wear knee highs! CONGRATS! I'm super jealous haaha
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have the same problem, usually. Way to go!
  • PerfectPout
    PerfectPout Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Well done - any pics???
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Please post of pic of the boots!!! :) I bet they're great. Fantastic NSV - one of my all time wishes... even at 150 lbs I didn't fit in tall boots, but hopefully they're cut a little differently now since that was (shall we say) quite some time go! This NSV just makes me smile, good one!
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    That's exciting!!! Even my plus sized boots are too tight. And I bought those when I was a size 8!!! I blame it on my small feet.
  • cpldjski
    cpldjski Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I said I will finally feel skinny when i can get into a pair of boots. :) Great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!