How Not to Splurge Over the Holidays

Options
Ok, my Grandma's coming down for Thanksgiving and she makes AWESOME!!!! fudge, cookies, pies, ect.....and then for Christmas I am going back home and my whole family's gonna be there....Everyone always brings all kind of goodie that I LOVEEEE!!!! Any idea on how not to splurge???

Replies

• ewai05
    ewai05 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think the best strategy to prevent splurging over the holidays. Eat a nice salad or veggies before going out to the family dinners.

and take small portions of each variety of foods and watch how much starch, and meat I am putting on my plate.

Make sure not to exceed 1/4 plate of starch and meat. Eat more low calorie vegetables. Also, I would watch how much sweet I will be eating. I have weakness in sweet desserts. I would like to take small pieces to satisfy my cravings.
  • ArkansasGirl20
    Options
    I think the best strategy to prevent splurging over the holidays. Eat a nice salad or veggies before going out to the family dinners.

and take small portions of each variety of foods and watch how much starch, and meat I am putting on my plate.

Make sure not to exceed 1/4 plate of starch and meat. Eat more low calorie vegetables. Also, I would watch how much sweet I will be eating. I have weakness in sweet desserts. I would like to take small pieces to satisfy my cravings.

Thanks!! Yeah my weekness is FUDGE!!! =`((
  • ArkansasGirl20
    Options

Thanks!! Yeah my weekness is FUDGE!!! =`(( I'm not fat at all. I just don't want to become that way...lol