what do you tell yourself?

what's the one thing you tell yourself before a workout to get you started or motivated when you feel like stopping in the middle of it? What keeps you going?

Replies

• LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    What I tell myself is..
    Well I normally wake up, then workout. So this is what I do...

The sooner you get up and do you workout the sooner you can take a nap!

LMAO, that is my sick motivation LOL
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    The success I've had so far. I know that the workout might suck and I hate being sweaty and tired but I love the feeling of my clothes fitting better, having stamina and strength I didn't before and seeing muscles I forgot I had!
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    If I ever see my ex in court, I want him to notice how awesome I look and how much better I do without him!
    Or that's what I told myself today and then listened to some loud tunes :)
  • nicoletw4841
    nicoletw4841 Posts: 4 Member
    i try and download music that will keep me motivated to listen to while i'm at the gym..and my biggest problem is i say "i want to do 30 mins." and at the 15 min. marker i'm bored and wanna quit. but by then, i'm halfway there. whats the point in quitting when you've gone that far? anyone can do 15 minutes. thats why you should do 30.
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    I could use some of these motivational thoughts!! Thanks! Oh, and I am absolutely no help with your question. Like you, I need help also.
  • Just a little more....just through another song....I can do more than this, keep going...
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    I'm going to feel so good after I do this for myself today. Let's get started!
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    When I start feeling like I don't want to go or find myself looking for an excuse not to go, I remind myself that it is a slippery slope right back into unhealthy habits. This is something I want to do for life, so I kick myself in the rear to get moving. :wink:
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    I don't try to get myself through from the middle. I just tell myself, minute to minute, to go one more minute. That's all we can do. One step at a time.
  • PetitePerfection
    PetitePerfection Posts: 199 Member
    anyone can do 15 minutes. thats why you should do 30.
    exactly!!
  • jenny8902
    jenny8902 Posts: 46 Member
    Lately I've been starting to workout more by habit than anything. I've tried to start a routine I like to workout in the morning before I shower or I seem to end up not doing it at all. The right music helps as well. Songs that you like that are upbeat. I've found myself ready to stop running and then a great song comes on and I get this burst of energy.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    The more I work out, the more food I can eat.
  • jenny8902
    jenny8902 Posts: 46 Member
    I've also used netflix and watched episodes of favorite shows, Dexter, vampire diaries, greys etc to get through workouts 40 minutes goes fast when you're watching a good show.
  • gdb86
    gdb86 Posts: 156 Member
    It depends on the day! Haha... some days are easier than others. Firstly, music, music, music! It makes a huge difference in how hard I can push myself. But for the most part, I remind myself mid-workout (when it's getting hard) it's mind over matter. If I tell myself I can... I can. So, I'll set mini-goals in the workout to push myself harder so it's not as daunting and before you know it - it's over! I also know that some days I'm not going to work out AS hard and I accept that, but the days I am feeling extra spicy I really make it count and I always feel better for it.
  • nicoletw4841
    nicoletw4841 Posts: 4 Member
    My Aunt has lost over 100lbs and she's really who I get my motivation from. When I work out with her and I want to quit she tells me "Anyone could do 25 push-ups..." "Anyone could do 30 minutes..." etc. The point is that you're not ANYONE you're YOU and if YOU really want it, YOU will push harder.
  • carisadepew
    carisadepew Posts: 17 Member
    The one thing that I keep repeating is, "It's just walking, it's just walking. Your not lifting weights, your not jumping hurdles. It's just walking. You can do this!"
  • I've also used netflix and watched episodes of favorite shows, Dexter, vampire diaries, greys etc to get through workouts 40 minutes goes fast when you're watching a good show.

I'm doing this tomorrow. Thanks!
  • nattielove
    nattielove Posts: 17 Member
    This might be kind of negative, but I say 'you're still fat!' lol.
    I don't mean it in a condescending way, and I'm in no way overweight, but it's just a reminder that just because I've lost a few kilograms.. doesn't mean I can be slack and slow down the whole process. There is still a goal that needs to be reached.

During exercise, music makes a huuuuugeeee difference too! I know which songs get me fired up if I start getting lazy.
  • sting5
    sting5 Posts: 408
    Just a little more....just through another song....I can do more than this, keep going...

Yes...exactly...just another song...10 more minutes...so on an so forth lol