Knee high boots... for the fatter calf

Options
GemmieNoWobbles
GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
OK ladies... please tell me I am not the only one out there...
So I'm not overweight, I'm 5ft3 and weigh 140lbs, I'm muscley... I CANNOT get knee high boots to fit my giant legs... I would so love to wear skinny jeans with boots over the top but can I find any that fit, hell no! Anyone else out there green with envy of all those people that can slip into a pair of gorgeous boots and have room... ??
To all the boot makers out there.. we dont all have pencil legs no matter how much we'd love to!!

Replies

• JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    duo - they ship world wide, measure your calves, ankles, put in your shoe size and they will show you a selection - they are not the only company that makes a wider boot, but they have tons to choose from

good luck

http://www.duoboots.com/
  • JeninBelgium
    Options
    (ps- congrates on having muscley legs! why the heck anyone would want pencil legs is beyond me :-) )
  • evilduckqueen
    Options
    I'm the same height as you, and I have the same trouble! Cannot find a pair of knee high boots that fit, to save my life!!
  • LAYLAH17
    LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Soooooooo.......like bumped...this is definitely a keeper. Thanx for the post and info.
  • SCOUSERWENCH
    SCOUSERWENCH Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Not sure which country your from, but have you tried NEWLOOK or Evans? i had that problem before i got some from NEWLOOK and my calves got big and now ive lost weight they'd of fitted me now.. but i went and sent them to charity :noway:
  • MrsBlackman
    Options
    Have you tried Evans? All of their shoes and boots are made for the wider foot and calf!
  • bb_1982
    bb_1982 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I used to have the opposite problem, Anny knee high boots were too big round the top to the point it looked like I was wearing wellies. Since last year with all the lunges Jillian is making me do the same boots that were too big im now struggling to zip to the top!! I was going to give up and just accept knee high boots were not for me but now im going to check out that website :smile:
    Thanks xx
  • softsculptor
    Options
    Yeah, trust me, you are not alone! Even when I was 120-125 lbs I had this problem, because I had really muscular calves.
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    Options
    duo - they ship world wide, measure your calves, ankles, put in your shoe size and they will show you a selection - they are not the only company that makes a wider boot, but they have tons to choose from

good luck

I am all over this! Have you bought from here and what did you think :happy:
  • Bellini500
    Bellini500 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have always had this problem. Evans do some nice boots but they are too wide in the foot for me - I'm such a freak with my massive calves and skinny feet! However, New Look do some wider calf knee high boots, I got some from there that were so good I went back for more. I got a flat pair for work and a gorgeous pair of suede heels for going out in.
  • sandislim
    Options
    I haven't even tried knee high boots, I have enough trouble finding wellies that fit over my trousers. I have to get ones that are 2 sizes too big. Its so annoying.

Part of the reason is because I have small feet (size 5) and for some reason companies think that smaller feet means smaller legs. Not for me - my legs are muscular and even after losing weight I still can't put on wellies that are a size 5 or 6. Its depressing. I am so proud of my calves though, did a lot of heel raises and bike riding for those beauties. But when I walk out of a shop trying on wellies I still end up saying I have fat legs :(
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Dr Marten 20 hole boots - they have laces AND zippers. Lace it up to the right tension, then use the zips to get in and out. I swear by mine.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Not overly keen on Duo, to be honest - the leather and the manufacture both seem less than great. Gabor do boots in different calf sizes that work well for me - I have dancers' calf muscles on an already very large frame - and some Aquatalia fit as well. Otherwise, how about boots with a soft/elasticated upper 'stocking' ? I have two pairs in a stretch suede, from LK Bennett and Aquatalia respectively.

Re. wellies - try http://www.wellieboots.com/category/241/ladies_wide_wellies - they have a great selection of boots precisely to address this problem!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Lots of companies make knee high boots for wider legs. Try M&S or New Look.

I have the opposite problem, I find knee high boots are always too baggy and sag when I put them on, even when padded with jeans.
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    next do a wide fit selection which might work? also new look have fitted me before and my calves are huuuuuge from running
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Torrid and Naturalizer have wide calf boots as well.
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Try looking on plus size websites. I've seen lots of wide calf boots. Jessica London, Onestop plus, Avenue. I am in the U.S.
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    Options
    OK so I ordered these:
    http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/department-is-women/mcrproductsubtype-is-kneehighboots/product-is-20342540
    I tried them on in the shop in a regular fit and THEY FIT!! So I got the wider ones so I can fit jeans in them (which is what I really want), hoping when they arrive they are as lovely as I hope! :flowerforyou:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I have Diba boots and they fit over my huge calves!!
  • JeninBelgium
    Options

good luck

I am all over this! Have you bought from here and what did you think :happy:

I think that with DUO (and many other companies) it depends on the style you order, I have a pair of their riding boots and the leather was lovely and soft and the boot was really comfortable. I also bought a pair of ankle boots (in "antique brown) and the leather was horrid- the colour was just awful and the leather seemed cheap- but they returned no problem

the benefit of duo over some other sites is that they give you all of the measurements up front, for example if you are short you may also need a shorter boot for it to be "knee" high and if you are tall, just the opposite- I am short and was pleased that Duo also lists the height of the boot (from bottom of your foot to top of boot)

also DUO have boots for those who have pencil legs and do not want their boots to look like wellies :-)

I am definitely checking out those clarks and many of the other sites mentioned