Indigestion

Options
Has anyone found since losing weight that you've had increased indigestion?

Somedays I feel so sick I can barely move and I know it's indigestion because eventually hours later I'll do a few burps and feel a lot better.

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    looking at your diary i'm not seeing any fruit and veg to balance out the proccesed food
  • nettleboo
    nettleboo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    hello i suffer from ibs so im told and for me the symptoms have increased since losing weight and i thought it was down to the junk i used to eat strange though i thought being more healthy would help ease it :-( so today im starting to use activia yogurts to see if this help ill try anything
  • kwamgee
    Options
    Might I ask what do you usually eat before the onset of indigestion?

It's been the opposite for me.
    Since I've lost weight, indigestion completely disappeared.
    No more tums, pepto-bismol or any of that funky stuff.
  • kwamgee
    Options
    looking at your diary i'm not seeing any fruit and veg to balance out the proccesed food

Yea, processed food are evil in my camp. I avoid most of them at ALLLL cost.
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are having this problem. I am the opposite now that Ive stopped the binge eating all of my indigestion problems have disappeared. If I ate a plate of nachoes or popcorn before bed which i used to do, i wake up in the middle of the night with horrid acid reflux. So I definitely agree with identifying what you ate just before it comes on. :)))
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    If it is indeed IBS, I've understood from friends that suffer from it, it is aggravated by high fiber. The trick is to strike that balance between all your micro nutrients, with fiber being as important as calories or carbs or protein.
  • amymaria91
    Options
    Thanks guys. I do need to work on getting more fruit and veg in, hopefully that will help
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease) is also a culprit of "indigestion" or "heart burn". Weight loss does usually ease the symtoms, but some other helpful hints: don't recline while eating and stay upright for an hour after eating, don't eat 2-3 hrs before bed, limit heavy physical activity/exercise and bending/lifting for an hour after meals, limit caffine, carbonation, and fat. See your doctor for a diagnosis as medications are often the most helpful.
  • Asher213
    Options
    I've had the same problem, I never used to get indigestion before but in the last couple of months I have had it a few times. I do think I have plenty of fruit n veg and I don't think it seems to be after eating a particular type of food so I'm not sure why I'm getting it? Maybe I should alter my portion sizes and have more smaller meals rather than 3 big ones?
  • Deeders
    Options
    Try chewing on a few fennal seeds after your meals