Holiday Eating

Options
What are you planning to eat this holiday season that won't set you back with your weight loss goals?

Replies

• MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I measure out my carbs sometimes but actually I am making butters apples (made with canola butter) instead of pie and I am having spaghetti squash instead of mashed potatoes, green beans (steamed) with parm cheese, turkey of course, some corn (maybe) and then a walk LOL.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm eating everything that I usually eat at Thankgiving. I'm going to get a good calorie burn (2500) and eat normal portions.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Turkey, roast pork, and cauliflower mashed potatoes!
  • 4myboyz25
    4myboyz25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I plan on exhibiting self control ( also helps i cook most of the food and host at my house) I already know that i will be having a piece of pie for dessert and accept that. Honestly telling myself all week that the veggie try is the only appetiser i will be having and no alcohol this year ( which is also due to plan on shopping at midnight). If i have to bust out the food scale to weigh out the turkey i am going to. As for sides i plan on having one spoon full of the sides that i want to eat. Also gonna skip the bread this year.
  • thinkingthingirl
    thinkingthingirl Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Just eat the good food and non of the christmassy chocolates
  • kmboffice88
    Options
    Going to either run or bike in the early morning, and then try to limit the whole meal (dinner & dessert) to under 1000 calories. Hopefully about 5 oz of protein, half a plate of steamed veggies, and one starch... and then two small dessert items! No alcohol either.
  • sweets2001
    Options
    Am really not going to deprive myself but also will make sure to have everything in moderation and stop when I'm full instead of gorging myself. Hoping to get in a nice long walk in the morning which will help offset the little extra I plan to have.
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am going to eat whatever I want and of course it will all be portion controlled
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Turkey, cheesy cauliflower, turkey, roasted asparagus, turkey, Trader Joe's low-carb gravy, turkey, pumpkin muffins made using Atkins' low-carb muffin-in-a-minute recipe, turkey, deviled eggs, and follow that with a chaser of turkey & a side of turkey. I don't know what the rest of the family will eat, since I plan to eat the entire bird... :tongue: