My first Steady boyfriend

Options
cantjustcant
cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
30 years ago when I was 13 I used to roller skate all the time. I met this boy there who went to a different school so that instantly made him hotter than the creeps I went to school with. ohhh and it was the 80s and he wore the tightest jeans with his comb in his back pocket. He was super cool. But alas we were 13 and neither of us had a car or jobs and we drifted apart.

I got married and had kids and divorced and fat! Until one day I couldn't take it anymore and decided that I had to do SOMETHING about my weight and started here on July 31st of this year. Flash forward from a size 22 to a size 14 and drop 43 pounds from my frame. I haven't been this size since high school!!

WELL...on the way home from getting tinsel extensions (which are awesome by the way) I stopped at a walgreens. I was checking out and this guy behind me says "are you "CANT"? Turns out it was the first guy I went steady with in 7th grade! I had not seen him since then! He said to me "How is it the rest of us got old and fat and you still look EXACTLY the same?"

ohhhh Dave if you only knew!

Replies

• jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    wow that is fab, you must be feeling so great right now. Congratualtions on the weight loss keep up the good work :)
  • JennyAnnLanders
    JennyAnnLanders Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That's pretty cool! What a compliment!! I hoped you asked what he's up to and all ;)
  • ansinclair8
    ansinclair8 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Oh that is so wonderful. Pretty motivational :)
  • cantjustcant
    Options
    That's pretty cool! What a compliment!! I hoped you asked what he's up to and all ;)

lol married, 2 kids and a dog....
  • kadoodle76
    Options
    LOVE this story! :bigsmile:
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Cutest story ever!!! :D
  • promgirl2013
    Options
    Amazing story!! lol. :) Makes me smile :)
  • namenumber
    namenumber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Aww, that's great! Did he look the same as in high school? LOL
  • Rynoman2k3
    Rynoman2k3 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Cool Story. I went steady with my wife in Jr. High and we split apart then Sr. Year started dating and I've been with her ever since. (8 years) Been married 5 years. Neat to hear these story's brings back memories.

Keep up the good work!
  • chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love your story, thanks for sharing! :)
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! BTW I was right with you roller skating 30 years ago with a comb in the back pocket of my Jordache jeans. and big yellow pompoms on my skates. don't forget skating backwards in the middle, or asking a guy to skate the "moonlight" skate.

gahhhhh!
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Skates - check
    moonlight skate - check
    pompoms - check
    Jordache jeans - check

And I was doing it in the 70s hahaha!

Great story... a little hammer goes a long way... back to the 80s at least!

mchammer.gif
  • cantjustcant
    Options
    That is fantastic! BTW I was right with you roller skating 30 years ago with a comb in the back pocket of my Jordache jeans. and big yellow pompoms on my skates. don't forget skating backwards in the middle, or asking a guy to skate the "moonlight" skate.

gahhhhh!

Mine were purple and gold with purple and gold wheels (school colors)! I remember having to drag him away from the pacman game to get him to skate with me
  • iamkylie
    iamkylie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thats such a cool story!
  • magdamccraven
    magdamccraven Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! That is a great story!
    I saw my first love that I have not seen in 30 years about 2 years ago. I hid behind a stairwell so he couldn't see me. I didn't want him to see how fat I had gotten. I felt tragic and childish at the same time.

You must have felt amazing. What a win!
  • mzjessicab
    mzjessicab Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love this story!!!! Good for you!!!
  • Rob_Sarge
    Rob_Sarge Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    *Smile* sometimes we are given moments of bliss
  • schmenly
    schmenly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Aww that is awesome, what an ego boost!! Congrats
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My first birthday party with friends was at United Skates of America. Before tat it was always family at home. We went every Saturday. The bigger boys would break dance in the center of the rink and my friends and I would all gush over how cute they were. Good times! What fun. How fun that you saw someone from that long ago and he recognized you?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!