Tell me it's not true

Options
I added my breakfast today and according to the stored food items 1 hardboiled egg is 155 cals. Is this true or am I doing something wrong? If it's true I guess I will have to stop eating eggs and opt for something lower in cals

Replies

• ladyhawk53
    Options
    I added my breakfast today and according to the stored food items 1 hardboiled egg is 155 cals. Is this true or am I doing something wrong? If it's true I guess I will have to stop eating eggs and opt for something lower in cals
  • mamamia866
    mamamia866 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    it's because of the yolk. you can have one whole scrambled egg mixed with 1 egg white and it will have a few more calories, but it will be a better breakfast.
  • hahahollylol
    hahahollylol Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    but you would want to keep eating healthy things. to me, eggs sounds like a wonderful choice even if they might have a higher amount of calories.
  • wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i love hardboiled egg whites. i don't eat the yolk and i think they are only 17 calories.
  • Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I think when you pull it up, you're looking at 1 cup, chopped. 1 egg only has around 70-75 calories. :love: They are a great choice!
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    1 large egg is 70 calories according to the package. check the portion in the food log
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    double post
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Yep - ditto to what the posters above have said....

It depends on the size of the egg, but the rough rule is....

50 cals for the yolk
    20 cals for the white =
    70 cals for a whole egg

:flowerforyou:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    There are three entries or so in the database. One has the 155 cal. The other two say 70, with the yolk. I go for the 70 since that is what my package says too.
  • mother23ts
    Options
    Egglands best eggs are only 70 cal
  • ladyhawk53
    Options
    Thanks guys. I looked again and sure enough I had chosen 1 cup. I love eggs and it would have been grief for me to give them up.

I like the idea of scrambling whole eggs with egg whites - that way I can eat more with less calories:laugh:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Based on the book I have and the research I've done - 1 large egg is 70 calories, 1 extra large is 80. The 155 is an error - you can remove that one from your diary and choose one of the other ones. :flowerforyou: