Kale?

Options
AskingTooMuch
AskingTooMuch Posts: 50 Member
I have a bunch of kale that I made kale chips with (they were great) and now I want to try it another way...any ideas for me?

Replies

• emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Saute it with garlic and olive oil!
  • rebeccask
    Options
    ooh i love kale chips! try making a soup with it. this is one i made recently http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/bean-soup-with-kale/detail.aspx
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    sautee in a little olive oil and garlic

add to any hearty soup

add to pasta sauce

add to beans
  • MarlaChandlerBarton
    Options
    Add lots of it to your salad, raw!
  • Tkhk0514
    Tkhk0514 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I made homemade vegetable beef soup. I added potato, onion, kale, yellow and green squash, carrots, and broccoli. It was so good, best I have ever made.

Not sure I like it sauteed w/ garlic and oil like spinach. I think I would par boil first. It was a little rough.
  • kgcart
    kgcart Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Saute it with garlic and olive oil!

Can't beat that advice! For those so inclined, adding a little hot sauce works wonders too but it's not for everyone...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My favorite way is to put it in a pan with a little olive oil and a tiny bit of water over medium heat. Top with chopped garlic and black pepper. Cover and steam for about 5 min (just until it turns bright green), tossing a couple of times to cook evenly. Serve with a little reduced sodium soy sauce or hot sauce.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I put mine through the juice extractor with apple, raw beetroot, spinach and carrot

Yum yum