Tried something new

Options
So I am a big cereal fan. I have never tried Kashi or almond milk before, but yesterday when I was at the store, I thought, "Hey, why not?"

This morning I had the honey almond flax with the almond milk for breakfast. Very not bad. I had to let it sog a bit because it was really hard. I'm not used to that and the cereal reminded me of Sugar Smacks. The almond milk was also quite refreshing.

Replies

• 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Fiber One has a few flavors of cereals such as Honey Squares and Caramel Delight that are both great with Almond milk. You should try those.
  • ARMom8251
    Options
    I love almond milk its all I drink anymore, and so much better for you than regular milk.
  • jstevensjr
    jstevensjr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also a BIG cereal fan...doing this long weekend I am going to try the Kashi and/or almond milk (never heard of) coconut and goat milk yes, BUT almond(?????) will keep you posted...
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    I have not tried almond milk, but my favorite cereal is Kashi - Cocoa Beach. Holy crap is it good!!!! It is chocolate granola with coconut & big chunks of almonds. YUM. I like to mix a little in with my vanilla yogurt. It is a sweet but healthy snack.
  • 13Natty
    Options
    I have tried almond milk once and tasted fine but I was put off because it separated when I would add it to my coffee. I could not drink it. It looked revolting and didn't taste that great either now I buy 99.8% fat free so good soy milk.
    What do you guys do for your coffee? Does't the almond milk to the same in your coffee?
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    To the op, good for you trying something new! Glad you liked it!

As for almond milk in your coffee, there is something called mimic creme that is almond and cashew milk, it doesn't separate and is delicious. I don't know how easy it is to find outside of NYC, but here it's everywhere!