Bruised Quads

Options
Kicking myself as I have sorted my back out and ready to do my trial at a new gym.

Then like a numpty I was moving my Old TV to replace it with a new one.

A nice light 32" widescreen CRT TV from 10 years ago so not light.

Long story short I over balanced and it came down on my legs. Upper part, both legs (Quads area).

Since then I have some faint brusing showing on the skin and when I walk/go down stairs I can feel they have lost their strength through the bruising and try to give out underneath me.

I can steady myself and bare the pain but I am annoyed with myself.

I was wondering if I went swimming how much damage could I do?

Is it worth giving "another" week off to let them heal?

Really want to get back into the gym but I seem to be clearing 1 injury just to get hit by another.

Whats people's thoughts?

Try and go through it or rest them so I can use all the equipment (Cardio,weights and pool) with my trial to be able to get a full idea on the gym and not do myself more damage?

I think I already know the answer but need to hear it from others.

Replies

• Skeith5
    Skeith5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I would keep things light for a few days at least. I don't think the pool would be much of a problem just listen to what your body is telling you. Obviously I'm not a medical doctor and this is not medical advice. If they didn't heal up or if they got worse I'd go get checked out.

Scott
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks Scott.

Really annoyed at myself as it was stupid thing to do.

Didn't notice the bruises until last night.

Might give it to the weekend and see how I am. Just gutted I have missed all this time in the gym when I was really getting into it.