I'm slowly slipping!

I'm slipping back, I see it, I log it, but I don't stop it! I SEE MYSELF EATING IMPROPERLY EVERYDAY!!! I was super motivated for a couple of months and now my motivation is gone!!! I'm settling back into the usual me. I'm losing touch with the new me I was so proud of. I WANT MY MOTIVATION BACK!!!

Replies

• JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Going through the same exact thing here.
  • snhamilton
    snhamilton Posts: 103 Member
    I admit--sometimes when I have that feeling, I take a cheat day and eat a lot of food. At the end of the day when I feel stuffed, I get that motivation back. And I get to enjoy a lot of yummy foods. :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I read an article recently about this. It suggested that when you reach a plateau, either in motifvation or weight loss, that you switch your focus from the scale and tape measure to health. The article was in a medical publication but it made sense to me because this is what I do when I start to lose motivation. I read articles on health and the benefits of good food and exercise. it helps keep me focused on what is most important, which is not how I look, but how I am .
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Look at your profile page and your motivations again. Then you were thinking of yourself and your family and especially of your handsom little boy. I don't know if it will help you, but it does help me.
    I think everyone goes through phases of sliding back into old habits. See if you can get your kids involved in being motivated and support each other.
    Best of luck -- friend me if you like.
  • CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Well, you did the right thing by posting. You just get you and your family back on the horse and go forward. Move forward from this point in time, this moment. If you can't motivate yourself think of your son and his concerns and do it for him. Sometimes we women have a difficult time putting ourselves first. That's understandable. But you said in your profile your son has serious weight issues. Do it for him and his self-image and his health. You all just follow along for now until you can regain your momentum. Keep moving forward. You can do this. :bigsmile:

You are living in my paradise by the way! We used to live in Huntington Beach but spent quite a bit of time in San Diego. San Diego is the perfect spot in the United States as far as I'm concerned! Get out and enjoy that weather.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    I'm having the same problem. I don't have any motivation & get discouraged not seeing results
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    I've had times like that too... I think the most important thing you can do, is NOT let it derail you completely! Start adding the healthy in and taking the other things out, even one little change every few days..and you will get back in the groove... put pictures you hate on the fridge etc...and talk yourself out of the bad choices..sometimes i have a 5 min internal dialouge with myself over the smallest things!!!! lol.. most of the time, the good wins, but even the bad things get through, i pick right back up...

i have honestly started to chew a piece of a dougnut or something for 2 seconds..and before i could swallow that bite thought to myself *WHAAAAAAAATTTTT are you DOING?! * And spit it out into a paper towel into the trash and LEFT the breakroom temptation behind before I could change my mind. LOL.... I am not always that strong... but it;s more mindset then anything... there are these delectable looking chocolate cookies that were calling my name * can't you just hear thier evil little voices..... *cooooomeee on...onnnneeee bite! * LOL! I argued with myself as I made my protein powder and fruit smoothie for breakfast......but the healthy won today... one little victory at a time!!!
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Me to. Over the last few months. Lots of emotional stuff going on here and I gave myself some permission to eat things I haven't been eating. In between I get back to my good habits and tracking so pounds aren't piling up but they are not leaving either. I am going to set Christmas for my next weight goal and also try to have a toning goal as well. I also have a dress that is just a bit too tight. It would be perfect for a Christmas goal. That way the goal is on size not the scale numbers.

Anyway, I'm planning to get back to it today and track really well.
  • SweetVaness
    SweetVaness Posts: 30 Member
    I guess many of us are in the same boat :/ I know I am, I think it has a lot to do with the holidays for me and the cold weather lol basically all sound like excuses to me. Need to dig deep and pump ourselves up, bring out that motivation that once made us want to do it..... I am currently working on that. With that said, Hope you guys all have a Happy and safe Thanksgiving.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    I read an article recently about this. It suggested that when you reach a plateau, either in motifvation or weight loss, that you switch your focus from the scale and tape measure to health. The article was in a medical publication but it made sense to me because this is what I do when I start to lose motivation. I read articles on health and the benefits of good food and exercise. it helps keep me focused on what is most important, which is not how I look, but how I am .
    I soooooooooooooooooooo AGREE wtih that article...it happened to me. For 8-10 months I was not motivated and I was so distraught and upset and stressing over the scale. One day I said STOP!!!!!!! Concentrate on health and I mean total health, mental and physical and putting GOOD food in me (even if portion was too big) whole food. I kept at it and then it came back. I had a personal trainer tell me most people have cycles of non-motivation even atheletes but staying steady is key. PLEASE DO NOT give up! Keep exercising and logging...the motivation will return.
  • Cruz2Fit
    Cruz2Fit Posts: 159 Member
    Thanks for redirecting me to my page and to consider my family. We were doing so incredibly great. My son had even lost some inches and was starting to get positive comments. Suddenly, things at work got VERY hectic for about 6 weeks in a row (i'm in the legal field) and started slipping by not making my weekly menu and shopping, not working out and eating fast food. At first I did these things because there was LITERALLY no time... When you're a mom of two and wife of a nursing student finding yourself in the middle of back to back trials can sink you. Now that things are going back to normal professionally, I feel so damn beat I don't know where to start!!!
  • Its so hard to stay on track and not slip off once in a while. Go back and read the reasons on your profile why you joined in the first place. Remember where you were at that moment, and try to go back to that place. Being reminded constantly is the only way to success.. Believe me, I fail all the time, I just have to remember to get right back where I was, and be that motivated person I was in the beginning. How to do that is up to you.. but being here and reading what other people are doing is very helpful. I have one friend on here that is so motivated, and when I read her blogs and her postings, I become motivated again, and feel well if others can do it, so can I.. Well good luck to you, and I hope you can find your motiviation back, its there, you just have to dig it back out.. Happy T day :)
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    I hear you! It is so hard to concentrate not only on just yourself, but also your family. I am struggling with a consistent "eat well" plan with our family also. As for myself, this site is so wonderful to get support, but ultimately, I realize I have to depend upon myself. When I find myself slipping, I tell myself "I worked too hard to go back to fat." I love being able to go to the store, see something cute and knowing I can go try it on to see how it fits vs. bracing myself for the disappointment that comes with the too snug fit that just doesn't look or feel good.
    Your can do this!!!! Make sure to take ten minutes of the day for yourself. Get up early, sneak away. Whatever, just reevaluate the reason you came to this site. Change where needed and get your feet in the stirrup and GET BACK ON THAT HORSE!!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I think the biggest problem for me mentally right now is that I know how awesome and unstoppable I was for about 3 months. I was so impressed with my willpower and determination. I had NO excuses and nothing could break my focus. Now, I beat myself up because I'm like "why the hell can't you be like that anymore, what's wrong with you, what happened?" So, more than anything else, I think I'm just psyching myself out. Please tell me that's sort of normal haha.
  • Cruz2Fit
    I think the biggest problem for me mentally right now is that I know how awesome and unstoppable I was for about 3 months. I was so impressed with my willpower and determination. I had NO excuses and nothing could break my focus. Now, I beat myself up because I'm like "why the hell can't you be like that anymore, what's wrong with you, what happened?" So, more than anything else, I think I'm just psyching myself out. Please tell me that's sort of normal haha.

EXACTLY!!!
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member

Oh my-I am hoping it is sorta normal too:) I think we all go through these struggles. I have been at this "lifestyle" change since April, and it is tough. ESPECIALLY when our lives get super busy and it is all you can do to keep sane. I think we have to accept that there will be times when we will fail, we just have to learn from those failures and keep trying. I ate so poorly last week and didn't drink enough water, AND didn't exercise much. It hit me last Friday that those were the reasons I felt tired, worn out and wanted to just chill on the couch and watch t.v. or read. It is crazy how exercise, water, and eating less processed crap makes you feel so much better!
    As moms, we have to allow ourselves some slack-we can not do it all. But take care of ourselves first, and things tend to fall into place. I want my boys to grow up witnessing a strong, willful, compassionate woman. One that takes care of herself and loves and respects her family and those around her. I can only hope that that is what they will eventually choose in future girlfriends and someday a wife and mother to their children. So, that ultimately is my motivation!!!!
  • Cruz2Fit

Oh my-I am hoping it is sorta normal too:) I think we all go through these struggles. I have been at this "lifestyle" change since April, and it is tough. ESPECIALLY when our lives get super busy and it is all you can do to keep sane. I think we have to accept that there will be times when we will fail, we just have to learn from those failures and keep trying. I ate so poorly last week and didn't drink enough water, AND didn't exercise much. It hit me last Friday that those were the reasons I felt tired, worn out and wanted to just chill on the couch and watch t.v. or read. It is crazy how exercise, water, and eating less processed crap makes you feel so much better!
    As moms, we have to allow ourselves some slack-we can not do it all. But take care of ourselves first, and things tend to fall into place. I want my boys to grow up witnessing a strong, willful, compassionate woman. One that takes care of herself and loves and respects her family and those around her. I can only hope that that is what they will eventually choose in future girlfriends and someday a wife and mother to their children. So, that ultimately is my motivation!!!!

Yes!!!
  • Cruz2Fit
    Thank you ALL for your comments and time. I AGREE with all of them. I was also able to see where things started to fail. I did gain some insight and have enough motivation to at least get started for today. I'll try to build on it! Thanks again, I mean it!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    I'm feeling a bit of this too, just want to throw in the towel when it comes to exercise!
  • I hear you! My falling off usually starts with 1 weekend when the family comes in town, but then months later I am still eating a few "treats" a day. I am super frustrated, because once I buckle down and am 4 lbs away from my goal... I sabatoge and go right back up.