Exercise for Passenger In a Car?

Options
With all of the holiday traveling coming up, does anyone have ideas/suggestions for how to get exercise while riding in a car? Thank you.

Replies

• Tiana405
    Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    With all of the holiday traveling coming up, does anyone have ideas/suggestions for how to get exercise while riding in a car? Thank you.

If you have enough leg room, straighten them out and lift your butt up, so you're like a straight line. That should get your glutes. Also, ab holds and kegels. LOL. :laugh: That's all I can think of.
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    punches
  • Crimson_
    Options
    lots of things you can do with a exercise band, i hook it on my feet and do curls and upward presses can wrap around u and do flies too
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    just relax and enjoy the holiday for pete's sake................
  • karenx30
    Options
    ThighMaster!
  • vbennett7
    vbennett7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    resistance exercises. Put hands together, with elbows like-like you're going to chant or something, push against each other until arms are tired. Then hook fingers and pull in opposite directions until tired. Push against the dash with both hands-kind of like doing situps. Flex feet up and down. Suck tummy in and out. I am not a CPT so I don't know how to explain it well, but hopefully, you can understand what I mean.
  • Crimson_
    Options

i very much agree with this though
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    :huh:
    Exactly.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options

says the sexy arm man! we all know you do curls while sitting in the car. Don't you lie to us! =P
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

says the sexy arm man! we all know you do curls while sitting in the car. Don't you lie to us! =P

I nap.................... ;-)
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Kegels!
  • Tiana405
    Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Kegels!

That's what I said! I'm doing them right now! ha!
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Kegels!

YES!... Or pull over at a rest stop and do some jumping jacks and push ups.
  • huckleberryhuck
    huckleberryhuck Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Haha. Oh, don't worry I am very relaxed and excited for the holidays. I just figure I am going to be sitting there anyway, why not doing something. That is why I posted this under the "exercise" section not the "support" section.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

I do the following even if I'm DRIVING the car. :)

* Tightening my stomach muscles for the length it takes to get from one mile marker to the next. Then rest for a mile. Every other mile marker, I'm flexing my abs and continue for as long as I can. The longest I've been able to make it so far is 30 miles.

* Same as above, but squeezing my tush. :)

beforeafter_03.jpg

My Journey: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bjohs/view/down-30-pounds-response-to-questions-114202
    My Breakfast: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bjohs/view/my-large-breakfast-explained-160013
    Sex & Weight Loss: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bjohs/view/sex-weight-loss-117390
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Punch a couple of holes in the floor then you can run in the car to power it Fred Flintstone Style.

Cheap to run, good for the environment and a good work out to. Lol.
  • huckleberryhuck
    huckleberryhuck Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Punch a couple of holes in the floor then you can run in the car to power it Fred Flintstone Style.

Cheap to run, good for the environment and a good work out to. Lol.

...it is only a rental car :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Seriously? Wow. I suppose you could take resistance bands or hand weights for your arms. Maybe wear some ankle weights and do leg raises. When you stop for gas or other reasons you could do some jumping jacks, squats or run around a bit. If there are other passengers besides you, maybe you could wrestle.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Ab vacuum!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Isometrics. Here's one as an example: clasp both your hands together. Now with elbows bent "push" them as hard as you can against each other for 30 seconds. It's harder than it sounds. Release and repeat for 3 times totals. You can also do this with legs by pushing your knees against each other and work your abductors.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition