Bike Challenge Group 5-5-5

Options
I LOVE to ride my bike, and I'm needing some motivation and I thought a Group Challenge would be fun. Anyone interested? I could make a group and add everyone. I'd like to do 5 miles, 5 days a week, for 5 weeks starting today. I think that is manageable for people who don't have a ton of time in a day. Let me know who's interested and what you guys think!

Replies

• mimi2kk
    mimi2kk Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    count me in! what is the start date?
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Great idea, except I am a warm weather biking person myself. Worst. Excuse. Ever, right? Ok I am in. Love it. :))))
  • recastro
    recastro Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im in! And to add a "5" to the equation, lets focus on finishing 5-min per mile pace :) What do you think?
  • Steph4454
    Steph4454 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    HEY! I like that! Sounds good, I'm working on creating the group and then I will add you guys! I am in the cold too, but I just got a recumbent bike! Yah!
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    would love to, but here in the north country winter weather won't be cooperative. I dont mind cool temps but snow, ice and bikes are not my thing. How about another spin - something for those of us who do a lot of indoor spin classes from now till spring? Don't mean to hijack you post, but i'd be open to something like that
  • Steph4454
    Options
    would love to, but here in the north country winter weather won't be cooperative. I dont mind cool temps but snow, ice and bikes are not my thing. How about another spin - something for those of us who do a lot of indoor spin classes from now till spring? Don't mean to hijack you post, but i'd be open to something like that

Hello! I'd be doing my biking indoors as well. I live in Wisconsin and I would never encourage outdoor bicycling in snow or ice! If you do spin, thats awesome, I am definitely not that extreme. I'm sure there are other spinners that would be interested in a group like that. I made this for more casual 30 minute bike rides!
  • Steph4454
    Options
    Bumpity bump :)
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'll play! I've been neglecting my bike since summer ended. Not that it's THAT cold here in Texas, but I'm a sissy once the temps fall below 70. I don't think I could survive in Wisconsin!! I do have a trainer in my nicely heated house though.
  • Steph4454
    Options
    I'll add you crazytxmom!
  • Steph4454
    Options
    bump
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    OKay so thats a total of 25 miles/week. I don't ride 5 times a week, so I'll do 25 miles in one day and we'll call it even.

I'm in!!!
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    OKay so thats a total of 25 miles/week. I don't ride 5 times a week, so I'll do 25 miles in one day and we'll call it even.

I'm in!!!
    This is definitely more my style, hoping to do my usual easy 32 miler tomorrow if it isnt too cold.
  • Steph4454
    Options
    haha for real? Am I slacking? How about how far can you go in 30 minutes? Who can log the most miles? I am doing other exercises too, so this isnt the only thing I'm doing!
  • Steph4454
    Options

I'm in!!!
    This is definitely more my style, hoping to do my usual easy 32 miler tomorrow if it isnt too cold.

Whoa Eddie, ur my hero!