Interesting NSV

Options
CathiAnne
CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
I saw someone else post on MFP that they had lost 39 lbs. They put 39 lbs. worth of weight on their body and went for a walk. I thought I'd try the same thing. I put 20 lbs. worth of weights in my bag I bring to work because I was going to put them in a backpack and wear it during my walk on the treadmill. I had to stop twice on the way into the office because the bag was too heavy. I was also becoming winded. I then realized that is the way I used to walk - and that wasn't even all the weight I'd lost. There are a few others in my office on MFP also. I had them pick up the bag. Interesting reactions! It's a very interesting perception check. If you are on a plateau, try that. It will keep you motivated and appreciate what you have lost.

Replies

• Sweet_Southern_Tea
    Options
    Great post and it sure will make you appreciate your progress that much more. Keep up the hard work!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I know if i tried to put 69 lbs back on me I would feel as if I would die! Makes me wonder thus far how I ever managed!!!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    i need to do this...
  • FinerthanB433
    Options
    great post!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    On Biggest Loser, they usually do this in one of the last few episodes each season. The contestants have to put back on all the weight they've lost and then do some kind of relay-type challenge, where they get to drop whatever they lost each week at some point, till they're carrying nothing. Its a very cool way to remind them how much they were carrying around every time they moved before!
  • samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Great post. Thanks!!!!
  • torionna
    Options
    Interesting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!