Help me stay encouraged

Options
Hi everyone! I've been really watching what I eat for the past few months...I stay at or under my allotted caloric intake and run and average of 4 times a week. I usually burn an estimated 400 calories for each run. Through these last few months, I've lost only 5 pounds. Can anyone help me pinpoint where I'm going wrong...why it's so hard for me to shed the pounds when I'm seemingly doing everything right? Thanks!

Replies

• Wrappedinbacon
    Wrappedinbacon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You are doing great, I would suggest increasing your calorie burn. Your body may have just gotten used to what you are doing. Just push yourself a little bit farther and that may help.
  • LittleVikki
    LittleVikki Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You are doing great, I would suggest increasing your calorie burn. Your body may have just gotten used to what you are doing. Just push yourself a little bit farther and that may help.

This! Couldn't have said it better myself
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Although you are under your caloric intake, you might want to make sure that you are 500 under a day (no less than 1200 cals a day though). You need to be under a total of 3500 calories to lose a pound, that's 500 calories a day for 7 days and you will lose a pound a week. That's how I was successful and lost 44 pounds in 40 weeks because the first week 4 came off... most likely water weight etc. Good luck!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    how many cals do you usually NET?
  • Fulminare
    Options
    In my opinion. You will definetely want to start some sort of strength and weight training routine muscle burns fat for you and will allow you to lose more weight just watch your calorie intake you may need to INCREASE your calories as you do your current routine or add strength training. Strenght Training in my opinion is the most effective way long term to lose fat, stay strong and healthy. Your body may not be getting the types of good fats it needs to build muscle. It could be a variety of things ask your doctor about the right type of multivitamin and protein that you need and also the kinds of foods that you get your calories from, and depending on age and body type ...etc you should be able to get the answers you need. Hopefully this helps! ....Keep up the GREAT work!!! No retreat and no surrender on your goals!!! :)
  • NuggyBear
    Options
    My daily goal (given to me from myFP) is 1200 calories...and I'm usually right around there, sometimes over by 150. Depending on what kind of run I do, I could burn anywhere between 380 and 600+ calories a day.