Thanksgiving morale boost from my work

My work decided to send out a newletter regarding health and these are some actually good ideas, some of which I see people suffering from on here (wont say which one but I am sure you can figure it out)

The irony of it all .. weight loss tips the day before most tend to over indulge. Nice reminder to be mindful of what you are eating.

• Accept responsibility for what you can control: You can't control genetics, but you can
choose salmon over a cheeseburger or take a walk after work instead of watching television.
You also have control over how much and when you eat, and how frequently, how long and
how intensely you exercise.
• Don't be a victim: It's tempting to blame weight gain on your busy schedule, tiredness or other
factors, but a "victim" mindset won't help you lose the weight.
• Seek help: Counselors, nutritionists and books on preparing healthy meals are great resources
for learning more about nutrition, exercise and developing a positive, "can-do" attitude.
• Start today: Don't wait until you are diagnosed with diabetes, heart disease or other conditions
associated with weight gain. Today is a great day to go for a walk or begin a gym membership.
Each day is a new day, which means a new opportunity for you to make the right choices

Replies