A Fashion Peeve

Options
LorinaLynn
LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
It just figures. I've lost weight and can wear and feel good in anything I want... and it seems like all the clothes out for fall and winter are big billowy blouses and lumpy oversized sweaters!

I mean, seriously... I'm sure this would look lovely with a mini and tights, or skinny jeans, but it kinda looks like a floofy window valance: http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/tops_shirts/tops/PRD~919241/Jennifer+Lopez+Pintuck+Dolman+Top.jsp

Ok, I know there's good options out there, too. I really like this sweater: http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/sweaters/view_allsweaters/PRD~851859/Chaps+By+The+Fireplace+Striped+Textured+Sweater.jsp But it might just be that I like Nightmare on Elm St.

Replies

• Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    ._. I can't see either of the links. They no work for me.
  • Heidiwarwick
    Heidiwarwick Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! Well I am just wearing tight fitting clothes anyway. Still trying to find a tight, small black jumper though.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Try shopping at the Victoria's Secret website. They have a bunch of really cute clothes. :smile:
  • rubystar07
    rubystar07 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    haha...well...keep the weight off, styles change every season :)

I have seen a LOT of very tight sweaters.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Comment deleted by user
  • Gennawest
    Options
    I am totally with you. When I go shopping with my mom she always laughs because I will only buy fitted clothes. Darn straight. You know how hard i worked to wear a size small or medium.

Actually today, I am in an extra small shirt. It is sized wrong, must be, but still i will take it.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    The first one wouldn't even look good with skinny jeans...and the color..gag. Second is cuter but I did have a Freddie Kruger moment there. I picked up a sweater poncho from Target that is loose but it drapes the body beautifully and is soft.

http://www.target.com/p/Mossimo-Women-s-Poncho-Sweater-Assorted-Colors/-/A-13592479#?lnk=sc_qi_detailimage
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    LOL! This is why I HATE fashion trends. Ugh. That first link you put up.... just, blah. Gross. I love the Nightmare on Elm Street sweater though, you'd look hot in that!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Let's face it, over winter we're indoors 90% of the time. If I had a figure like yours I'd be going around in a bikini with the heating on full blast then piling fluffy sweaters on top just long enough to dash outside! :laugh:
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I am with you I hate the trend now! But I would buy that Freddy sweater in a heartbeat!! <3
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Wow. That first thing is hideous.

However, I did just order my very first pair of skinny jeans the other day....
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    That billowy thing might work for J-LO -- but then again, a woman fixed up by stylists, worked 7 hours a day by a trainer and cooked for by a personal chef would probably look good in a paper bag. And believe me, she ain't thinkin' about how the REST of us normal ladies will look in it. BLECH.

I can't see the Freddy Kruger sweater, but it sounds MUCH more my speed, too.

And GennaWest -- RIGHT ON. If you worked for it, show it OFF. :wink: I've been doing the same thing -- buying fitted shirts for the first time in my life, and actually LIKING them after I get them home.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I love this sweater dress from VS!! It is on my wishlist for Santa.

20DFEF7C.jpg
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    same here, can't see the links :( i really wanna get a sweater dress for Christmas Eve...
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    not trying to hijack this cuz i love you, lorina! but a general peeve of mine is SOCKS AND SANDALS!! happy hump day :)
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Go with classic tight!!! You can rock it! I nice fitted jacket instead of a sweater maybe? I couldn't open the attachments, but I vote with your body you need to show it off no more baggy clothes!!!

Happy Thanksgiving :heart:
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    To heck with fashion trends!

"To be irreplacable, one must always be different." - Coco Chanel

When I hit my goal weight, I'm celebrating it with an industrial-strength balconette bra and a vintage wiggle dress. My inner Joan Holloway and I will not be giving a d4mn about what fashion says is currently hip.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I had a coupon and they were offering $15 Kohls Cash with a $50 purchase... and I couldn't find ONE thing I wanted to buy. :frown:

There were some clothes I liked... but they all looked too much like clothes I already own. I tried on some of those drapey tops... and they just did nothing for me. The colors in particular were horrid... like dull peach or seafoam green... or a drab greyish lilac that exactly matches the colors of my under eye circles. :laugh:

And another thing... what's up with all the sleeveless tops for wintertime? I love showing my arms and shoulders, but winter is not halter season!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    OMG...SO true! I went shopping last Saturday with lots-o-money to spend, because nothing fits anymore. I tried on half a dozen tops that made me look pregnant...ugh!

I'm liking the long sweaters with leggings, but like you said...all sleeveless or short sleeved, and WTF? Its winter!!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I can't do the baggy sweaters either. They make me look boxy, which I am most definately not.

I like the 80's big tops that fall off the shoulder but again, I can look boxy. Boo!