Low Carb Protein Shakes

Options
Ok So I'm looking for a low carb protein shake. Anyone have one they like and are using.

Replies

• casbar911
    casbar911 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I use Tera's Whey - (you can google it) I order it online...
    I love the Acai Berry one and the Vanilla and I use unsweetned almond milk to keep the carbs really low...
    it is a little more expensive then the ones you find at the grocery store but has a lot less added "crap"

* powder = 130 calories, 5 carbs, 2 fat and 22 grams protien
    almond milk = 8oz 40 calories, 2 carbs, 3 fat , 1 protien
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Seems like most of them i use are low carb

if you want zero carb try whey isolate.
    Low carb i like optimum nutrition... chocolate mint flavor tastes like girl scout cookies :]
  • stargazerjana
    stargazerjana Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have an Atkins Day Break shake for breakfast everyday!!! They are VERY low carb, low cal, and taste GREAT!!!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I like Chike. Another one a lot of people like is Syntrax Nectar.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you want low carb ones get some protein powder be it whey, hemp or other protein and mix your own shake :)
    If that's too much at least avoid the "convenience store" protein shakes which have more sugar than they do protein.
  • CandeesLand
    Options
    I had been using BSN Syntha-6, which was good, but I recently started using Optimum Nutrition as it has fewer cals/fat/carbs and the same amount of protein.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I live on Syntrax Nectar. It's 0 carb. I've tried other zero-carbs, like Isopure, but didn't like the flavor / texture. Nectar usually mixes up nice & smooth, and has a lot of different flavors to choose from. I think they offer trial sizes on their website so you can see what flavors you like before you commit to buying a big jar. I like the "lemon tea" flavor, 'cause even though I have a sweet tooth, constant sweetness gets old after a while. I've also been known to mix their "cappuccino" flavor into my coffee.

I have also used Designer Whey Protein Blitz, and it was pretty good. But it has 3g carbs per scoop which is really too much for me, and the only flavor my local store carries is chocolate so I haven't tried any other versions.

Good luck!
  • groovymint
    groovymint Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Gold standard 100% whey. Per serving it's 111 calories, 24 grams protein, 1.6 grams carbs, 1 gram fat. It also contains 5 grams of BCAAs and over 4 grams of Glutamine. Awesome product and tastes better than most! Also pretty cost effective at 77 servings per tub.
  • Halothane
    Halothane Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    IsoPure has low carb and no carb flavors.
  • Simona38
    Simona38 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I use Premier Nutrition RTD Shakes - 30g protein, 5g carbs, 3g fibre, 1g sugar, 3g fat. 160 cals.
  • Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I like Vega Smoothie Infusion (made with the recipe on the back -maybe not low enough carb) and the regular Vega (complete meal replacement) They are Vegan but don't let that keep you from trying this amazing product. It's not for everyone -they're extremely green and by that I mean that they are green when you make them but they are super healthy. Can be pretty expensive, but is a good product.
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of EAS AdvantEdge low carb shakes. They're usually between 1-3 net carbs and pretty tasty.
  • CharlieLopez2005
    Options
    In a 20 oz. blender bottle, I shake 1 scoop IsoPure protein powder (0 carbs) with 3 cups of unsweetened almond milk (Silk brand, 0 net carbs per cup). Calorie-wise, it's like 210 calories per shake, zero net carbs, and 28g protein. Excellent thing to keep in the fridge to kill certain cravings or post-workout.
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I like the Walker Diet shakes. They taste great.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    In a 20 oz. blender bottle, I shake 1 scoop IsoPure protein powder (0 carbs) with 3 cups of unsweetened almond milk (Silk brand, 0 net carbs per cup). Calorie-wise, it's like 210 calories per shake, zero net carbs, and 28g protein. Excellent thing to keep in the fridge to kill certain cravings or post-workout.

Do they contain artificial sweeteners?
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I really like the Atkins chocolate delite milk shake - I get 12 of them form $15 at Sams - they are very good!!