Question for the women

Options
I get extrememly bloated when, I'll say when Aunt Flow, comes to town for her monthly visit (LOL). My stomach expands so much I feel like I'm a couple of months pregnant. I know it always goes away in a few days, but it's a bit discouraging when you wake up one day and you pants are feeling a little more snug, even though I know the cause. Does anyone have any advice on how I can reduce the bloat? Anything I can do, eat, drink, excercise a little more?

Replies

• Assilem
    Assilem Posts: 21
    Options
    I get extrememly bloated when, I'll say when Aunt Flow, comes to town for her monthly visit (LOL). My stomach expands so much I feel like I'm a couple of months pregnant. I know it always goes away in a few days, but it's a bit discouraging when you wake up one day and you pants are feeling a little more snug, even though I know the cause. Does anyone have any advice on how I can reduce the bloat? Anything I can do, eat, drink, excercise a little more?
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    drink lots of water and try to avoid salty foods. I also find exercise helps my bloating too :smile:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    drink lots of water and try to avoid salty foods. I also find exercise helps my bloating too :smile:

I second that! Thats about the only thing you can do other than over the counter pills. I have found that as I continue to eat healthier and drink water as recommended my bloating during that time is much less and my other pms symptoms are lessened also. Good luck!!
  • theGuest
    theGuest Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    work, school whatever - i call in ugly.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I do 1 tsp of ground flax for the first half of my cycle, and 1 tsp sesame seeds for the second half of the cycle (each morning) on the recommendation of my naturopathic doctor. The bloat, the moodiness, the cramps are pretty much gone (this is combination with some other things). Maybe worth a try?
    :smile:
  • Assilem
    Assilem Posts: 21
    Options
    I take two flaxseed pills daily for my psoriasis and have been for quite some time. I haven't noticed it reducing the bloating. Maybe if I did combine it with the sesame for the second half it might help? Anything worth a try.

I don't put salt in or on any of my food and don't eat too much processed foods so that wouldn't be a problem I don't think.

Wouldn't water just make you more bloated??
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I take two flaxseed pills daily for my psoriasis and have been for quite some time. I haven't noticed it reducing the bloating. Maybe if I did combine it with the sesame for the second half it might help? Anything worth a try.

I don't put salt in or on any of my food and don't eat too much processed foods so that wouldn't be a problem I don't think.

Wouldn't water just make you more bloated??

No - actually it's odd the way that happens. Water helps flush the excess out. I didn't think I ate much sodium either - but was really surprised after logging a couple of weeks and looking at my sodium intake.