What is the Svg Siz e For Grapes?

Options
I'mk getting mixed information for this. I want to eat enough to Equal a Svg of fruit for the day. Do I eat 1/2 cup, 1 Cup or 1.5 Cups? I have the big Red Seedless Holiday grapes. A number of grapes will be excellent. I'll keep using the search engines as well

Replies

• annejuju
    annejuju Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    For fruit and veggies a serving is 1/2 cup. For leafy greens (lettuce, spinach, etc) the servings size is 1 cup.
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    When I was on a medically supervised diet, most fruit was 1 cup but the serving size for grapes was 9 grapes due to the sugar content.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    it depends on the size of the grapes for how many, but a rule of thumb is 3 oz.
  • justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options
    The serving size for grapes would be half of a cup, which is 15 grapes and is about 50 calories. :)
  • angieskia
    angieskia Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    when I went to enter them into my food Diary I saw 4.5oz, 5.5oz & 35 Grapes. I always that 1C of Fruit = a Svg & 1/2 Cup of Veggies = a Svg. Very Frustrating
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    There is no right answer for this. A serving size can be whatever you want it to be.
  • angieskia
    Options
    U nderstand you can eat any serving size but I wanted it to equal a Svg on the Food Pyramid. I'm going with 10 Holiday Grapes which Weighed 4.5oz (Big Grapes) and came out to measure 1 Cup. Thanks so much for putting up with my lack of knowledge
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I tend to log grapes per grape, which is obviously a bit more effort as I have to count them, but I believe it is probably the most accurate. :)
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    It varies but I'd say a portion is about a handful, 80 grams, or 15 grapes.

The five a day thing is just a guideline. I don't think it matters much as long as you record it. I prefer to go by weight rather than volume.

Note: a glass of fermented grape juice doesn't count!
  • angieskia
    Options
    I grabbed My Bag of grapes and looked up Columbine Vineyards (The Grower) They didn't have any info so I clicked on Links and found California Table Grape Commission. Their info was for 3/4C / 4.5 oz which is exactly my weight and nearly my cup measure so I went with that. Thanks again everyone!!!