Driving me INSANE

When I was younger my mom used to make this chocolate pie. It had jello chocolate pudding in it. But there was this white stuff (not whip cream) in it also and it was so so so good. She does not remember and has no idea what I am talking about. Anyone have any idea what this white stuff could be? It's driving me crazy because I want to make it to take to my bf's parents house tomorrow. Please help!

Replies

• Annalisa419
    Annalisa419 Posts: 64 Member
    Marshmallow Fluff?
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    maybe a meringue
  • It is a mixture of cream cheese and sugar. Give me a few and I will grab my recipe. You can use low fat or ff cream cheese, pudding and cool whip.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Marshmallow Fluff?

Not marshmellow fluff. It was thicker.
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    It is a mixture of cream cheese and sugar. Give me a few and I will grab my recipe. You can use low fat or ff cream cheese, pudding and cool whip.

This :)
  • sm423
    sm423 Posts: 208 Member
    Maybe marshmellow creme and cream cheese mixed together. I use this as a dip for fruits at parties.
  • jessicahelene
    jessicahelene Posts: 77 Member
    It is a mixture of cream cheese and sugar. Give me a few and I will grab my recipe. You can use low fat or ff cream cheese, pudding and cool whip.

This one... I think it's called "sex in a pan" -- something like this http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sex-in-a-pan-ii/

My boyfriend's mom made it once. Amazing. Sounds like you can lighten it up pretty easily too like the other poster said.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Dream Whip, maybe? You can find it in the baking aisle at the grocery store.
  • This may not be it.... but it one of my favorites. I use low fat and sometimes fat free versions of the cream cheese, cool whip, milk and jello pudding.....

4 oz cream cheese (fat free)
    2 tbsp sugar (splenda)
    1 tbsp milk (fat free)
    1 tub (8 oz) cool whip (fat free)
    1 prepared choloate flavor crumb crust (when I am really cutting calories I make my own with low-fat gram crackers)
    2 cups cold mik (fat free)
    2 packages (4-servings each) jello chocolate instand pudding (low fat - sugar free)

Beat cream cheese, sugar & 1 tbsp milk in large bowl with a wire whisk until smooth (I think this is the "white stuff" you were talking about). Gently stir in 1/4 of the cool whip. Spread on buttom of crust.

Pour 2 cups cold milk into large bowl. Add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk for 2 minutes. Pour over cream cheese layer.

Refrigerate for 4 hours. Spread remaining cool whip over pudding layer. You can garnish lightly with shaved chocolate.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    This may not be it.... but it one of my favorites. I use low fat and sometimes fat free versions of the cream cheese, cool whip, milk and jello pudding.....

2 tbsp sugar (splenda)
    1 tbsp milk (fat free)
    1 prepared choloate flavor crumb crust (when I am really cutting calories I make my own with low-fat gram crackers)
    2 packages (4-servings each) jello chocolate instand pudding (low fat - sugar free)

Beat cream cheese, sugar & 1 tbsp milk in large bowl with a wire whisk until smooth (I think this is the "white stuff" you were talking about). Gently stir in 1/4 of the cool whip. Spread on buttom of crust.

Pour 2 cups cold milk into large bowl. Add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk for 2 minutes. Pour over cream cheese layer.

Refrigerate for 4 hours. Spread remaining cool whip over pudding layer. You can garnish lightly with shaved chocolate.

Thank you for this! My mom swears she never used cream chesse but this sounds yum. I think I will make this anyway!!
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    This may not be it.... but it one of my favorites. I use low fat and sometimes fat free versions of the cream cheese, cool whip, milk and jello pudding.....

2 tbsp sugar (splenda)
    1 tbsp milk (fat free)

YUM! I am going to try this. thanks.
  • RainbowPearl
    RainbowPearl Posts: 42 Member
    Bump
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member

2 tbsp sugar (splenda)
    1 tbsp milk (fat free)

Oh gosh! This sounds amazingly good!
  • Dreamtopping?? I love the stuff!