MFP Gamers!

Options
tseecka
tseecka Posts: 90 Member
Who says you have to write video games out of your lifestyle in order to be healthy?!

I'd love to meet some other gaming enthusiasts who are finding ways to work their hobby into their lifestyle changes--and just other gaming friends in general! Share your favourite games, XBL or PSN screennames, talk about upcoming releases or your favourite golden oldies--anything game related!

For myself, I'm just trying to work through a backlog of games that I haven't played yet. I had to give my ex his XBox back when we broke up, so I've been slowly building my collection and working through the classics--Assassin's Creed and Dragon Age: Origins are the two on my plate right now, as well as Final Fantasy XII (which I am ashamed to have not played yet).

Replies

• xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I used to play world of warcraft pretty hardcore until a few months ago I just quit cold turkey and focused on myself... best move I ever made! That game is a life sucker! (Don't tell anyone, I sometimes often get the MMO urge... eeeek).

I'm so busy now between work/working out/and watching the 5 billion good shows that are on tv nowadays & hockey I haven't played too much of anything :(

However, I did just get Skyrim <3<3<3 I think about it more than I actually get to play it tho- only lvl 5 but loving every minute of it haha!
  • Tiana405
    Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Who says you have to write video games out of your lifestyle in order to be healthy?!

I'd love to meet some other gaming enthusiasts who are finding ways to work their hobby into their lifestyle changes--and just other gaming friends in general! Share your favourite games, XBL or PSN screennames, talk about upcoming releases or your favourite golden oldies--anything game related!

For myself, I'm just trying to work through a backlog of games that I haven't played yet. I had to give my ex his XBox back when we broke up, so I've been slowly building my collection and working through the classics--Assassin's Creed and Dragon Age: Origins are the two on my plate right now, as well as Final Fantasy XII (which I am ashamed to have not played yet).

That's me! But we've already met. I'm sure you'll get threads that say, "you can never incorporate gaming in to a healthy lifestyle" etc, etc. .... NOT TRUE! I will post my results and possible pics in 30 days! :drinker:
  • frycase
    Options
    I used to play world of warcraft pretty hardcore until a few months ago I just quit cold turkey and focused on myself... best move I ever made! That game is a life sucker! (Don't tell anyone, I sometimes often get the MMO urge... eeeek).

It's been awhile now since I quite WoW, but I used to play a mage and I would have dreams about AE'ing the hell out of MASSIVE groups of stuff. They were kind of awesome.

Assassin's Creed = <3 I love the freedom of that game. I haven't played it in awhile, but now I want to...

I just got the SIMS 3 for the XBox, which is not terribly helpful for my actual weight loss. I'll make my little Sim person run on a treadmill for 5 hours straight and when they get off of it they're insta-skinny. It's a little discouraging then to work my butt off for several days in a row and see that I've... gained a pound. *headdesk*
  • boinee
    boinee Posts: 27
    Options
    I currently play Assassin's creed revelations. I play it for an hour then watch workouts in netflix (they have 10 minute workouts). I do 20 minutes of exercise then back to the game. :) I have skyrim and battlefield 3 too, but skyrim just eats a lot of time and really doesn't give me my "gaming" need for an hour. While battlefield 3 is just too intense that I'll probably won't stop playing. For now Assassin's creed multiplayer or single player is enough for me.
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options

It's been awhile now since I quite WoW, but I used to play a mage and I would have dreams about AE'ing the hell out of MASSIVE groups of stuff. They were kind of awesome.

I played a Pally as my main... sometimes I'd dream about healing and when my alarm clock went off in the morning that'd mean some sort of cooldown was up or someone was dying or something... somehow I'd incorporate it into my dream and not wake up on time =X good times.
  • law2097
    Options
    My wow account just ran out but I will not be renewing just yet as I have a beta invite for star wars the old republic this weekend. I think that computer games and dieting/exercise can work together!

For now I'm on steam under the same name Law2097 if you want to add me.