Im a little lost on My

Options
When setting up my goals, MFP asks me to indicate how much weight I want to lose per week. In the pull down menu, I select 2 lbs per week. But, in the My Fitness Goals area, it shows my projected weightloss is 1.4 lbs per week. What am I doing wrong or is there a way to fix this without doing a custom goal? I do not know enough about calories and nutrition at this point to feel comfortable to customize it.

Thank you

Added: sorry about the title, Im writing in the dark on a laptop and I accidently pressed a button before I was able to finish my title LOL

Replies

• annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    When setting up my goals, MFP asks me to indicate how much weight I want to lose per week. In the pull down menu, I select 2 lbs per week. But, in the My Fitness Goals area, it shows my projected weightloss is 1.4 lbs per week. What am I doing wrong or is there a way to fix this without doing a custom goal? I do not know enough about calories and nutrition at this point to feel comfortable to customize it.

Thank you

Added: sorry about the title, Im writing in the dark on a laptop and I accidently pressed a button before I was able to finish my title LOL
  • staceyg
    staceyg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    MFP won't let you eat less than 1200 calories a day, therefore to be able to lose more than 1.4 a week, you will have to increase your exercise to make up the difference. I;m in the same boat - but if you add the exercise - you can do the 2 a week.:flowerforyou:
  • michellesthings
    Options
    that's exactly what I do, I walk every day to bring down my calorie intake to a 1000. it's working, my doctor said as long as I don't starve myself, and believe me I am not.