Healthy low fat lunches

Options
Hey everyone

One thing i struggle with and think i let myself down on is what to eat at work for lunch, and also for snacks.
Does anyone have any healthy ideas/recipes they could share.

Heres some i have now but the list could do with expanding...

tuna and tomato salad
cous cous and salad
vegetable frittata
soup
frozen weight watchers meals

pretty standard and boring really....any ideas that might make it more interesting while still being healthy?

Replies

• melon_mel12
    Options
    Try Quinoa! its very healthy for you! you can make a ton of salads with it also!
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Turkey sandwich.
  • Lekkie84
    Options
    Try to add some more protein to your lunches. Beans are a great idea. Try google-ing some three bean mixes or make some tabouleh with quinoa instead of buckwheat. Add some tuna or lean chicken and it's a pretty easy lunch.

Add some flavours to your salads - garlic, rosemary, herbs, spices. Even leaves of basil or fennel?

What about making a curry with lentils instead of meat (avoiding coconut milk of course!).
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love grilled chicken sandwiches on whole wheat sandwich thins with part-skim cheese, tomatoes, lettuce leaf, and spicy ranch.
    It's usually about 324 calories.
  • gemini0007
    gemini0007 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I chuck a hard boiled egg into my salad to add extra protein. Rice crackers or corn thins with salsa is a good snack.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I make most of my lunches from leftovers and find that I don't go out to eat near as often as when I brought sandwiches or salads. I can control everything in it and it has lots of variety that way.
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I make a big batch of something veggie every sunday, and have it for my lunch all week. I know that's not for everyone, but if you don't mind eating the same things every day, inbox me and I will send you some recipes. The kind of things I make are tomato based sauce with pasta, curried potatoes, veg soup, spicy rice. They normally come in between 200-300 cals per serving.
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad is always good or just a salad with cubed chicken breast. Rice and veggies (that is what I had for lunch) My breakfasts are normally under 300, lunchs, and dinners rarely run over 400 calories and my snacks are usually under 200. Snacks are easy. Apple and peanut butter, carrots and light ranch, Weight Watchers string cheese, Laughing cow cheese and crackers, celery and light cream cheese, Greek yogurt with granola..... and the list goes on :)
  • Check out www.theskinnyconfidential.com! She has a ton of yummy recipies that taste great! Her out of the box ingredients are packed with vitamins & protien - perfect for weightloss.
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to eat my lunch tomorrow.....turkey, bacon (fat removed), avocado and egg (white only) sald...so yummy and high protein!
  • aimee_md
    Options
    I bring sachets of Erin tomato and vegetable soup with croutons to college with me. They're yummy and low calorie. I like grilled chicken wraps too with lettuce, sweet corn and peppers. Tuna salads with multigrain rivita and fruit.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm totally boring...

I eat a big slice of pepperjack cheese, cut into 12 pieces,
    and low sodium deli turkey (2 oz) cut into 12 pieces,
    and eat it in between 24 reduced fat wheat thins.

Little crunchy sandwiches.... I'm all about the crunch, so I love it!

Edited to add calories: 335 :) And 20 grams of protein!
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Unless I bring salad to work, I tend to buy sushi (300 calories for twelve inches), or bring a pack of purchased pre-packaged Pitango rissotto to work to heat up in the microwave (it makes two meals, 257 calories per serving).

Both of these are "easy" lunches, filling, tasty and quite low in calories.