Warm, low-cal foods?

Options
I was wondering if you have any suggestions for warm low-calorie foods or snacks. Seems like most of my small items (like the things I eat between meals) are cold (fruits, veggies, cheese, pudding, etc.).

I did recently get Alexia sweet potato fries and Kroger brand turkey meatballs, both from the frozen section. They're actually pretty darn good and they're ready in the oven in about 15 minutes. The fries are 140 cals for 12 fries and the meatballs are 160 cals for 6 meatballs. A warm, 300-cal snack or meal... not too shabby!

Anyway, would love to hear more suggestions!

And I'm always looking for more connections for people who are looking to motivate or be motivated!

Replies

• RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com... enjoy!!!
  • wackedoutpet13
    wackedoutpet13 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Veggie corn dogs from Trader Joe's are pretty fantastic. And they don't taste like they're vegetarian!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    French Onion Soup from Costco. It not the best French Onion soup in the world, but its good, and really hits the spot when you need something filling and warm. Goes in microwave for 7-9 minutes and it is 210 calories!!! Perfect. I am sending a freind request.
  • sassareno
    sassareno Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Oh wow! Now you've ruined my productivity for the day! ;-)

Thanks for the resource!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I just finished a cup of baked butternut squash with a dash of cinnamon sugar warmed in the microwave in the break room. mmm. Less than 100 calories.

I lied 130 calories (had to go check) :blushing:
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Made me think of the shrimp wonton soup that goes into the microwave. It is high in sodium but low cal hot and tastes good.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options

Thanks for the resource!

lol I'm addicted to food blogs.. feel free to add me and message me if you ever need more
  • jermyZ
    jermyZ Posts: 27
    Options

Thanks for the resource!

Damnit, I cant get off that site now, I've spent the last 30 minutes browsing! :( My productivity is now shot as well. haha, but yes, ty very much for posting that, so many things to try!
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    Cut up some apples and put some cinnamon on them and put in microwave for about 15 seconds and you will have cinnamon apples. Very good
  • sassareno
    sassareno Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Cut up some apples and put some cinnamon on them and put in microwave for about 15 seconds and you will have cinnamon apples. Very good

Oooh, that sounds awesome, especially because I always have apples around. Thanks!
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You can buy bags of frozen Chinese dumplings at Asian stores like H-mart. Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray and put in dumplings, flattest side down. (Count out the right number for the calories you want.) When they brown on that side, turn them on another flat side and brown that, too. Add about 1/4 cup water and cover to let them steam. Serve with that brown dumpling dipping sauce (available bottled).